Vacuum cleaner alert - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By wolfy dog

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Vacuum cleaner alert

Vacuum cleaners can pose a danger to curious dogs. IN the past my Malinois investigated the hose while the vacuum was running and it literally sucked the air out of her nose. Later someone told me that it can collapse the lungs. Luckily that didn't happen to her but I wanted to throw this out here.
car2ner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Never heard that one before. I'd be more concerned with dog trying to grab the electrical cord.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 08:07 PM

My puppy is really interested in power cords she is 7 weeks still need to keep a sharp eye out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:50 PM

My boy was curious once when he was a bit younger; I was vacuuming his shed hairs out of the corner where his crate is and he sniffed the hose lol... it didnt get stuck but he kept trying to mouth at the hose, jumping back and forth barking at it. One night a couple weeks later, I fell asleep with the pet gate open (he usually sleeps in my room with me, pet gate closed but door open/semi-open)... he wandered through my apartment, found the vacuum and destroyed it. Vengeance was his.... he was proud of his feat.

Disclaimer: I understand and I'm fully aware of the dangers that this poses and it was completely accidental... of course I didn't WANT him to chew it up, but in hindsight its pretty funny...

I'm just a man that loves his dogs, follows Jesus and lives to make the world a better place.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:00 PM

dangerous, but yes, I can see how it is funny to think he got revenge. When you think about it, the Vacuum is in the classic play pose. It is down in front and the back is high. It growls. It smells like everyone in the house and the dirt from the yard. Dogs have no idea why we push them around. They either want to play with it or stay away because it is so loud.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page