Comments on this breeding... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Comments on this breeding...

Blue Max Tiger Town is my Kaiser's sire...

Bluemax Tiger Town

What are your thoughts/comments about his breeding?

I have no idea about any of this stuff... I got my puppy as a family pet and he is a fantastic dog, but just curious about some professional opinions about his breeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Knighted Member

The mother's side is mostly lacking any titles or other details (hips, elbows, etc.) Could be pet breeding, or could be the person posting just couldn't be bothered filling it all in.

I don't like the sire's back. He has a very steep croup, and a break in his topline where the spine begins to slope downwards. He also has loose, hanging lips, but that's extremely common in German showlines these days, and no one seems to find a fault with it, even though the standard says the lips should be tight and well-fitted.

Other than that, his conformation isn't bad. Ears are a bit big for my taste, but he's not severely over-angulated in the rear, the way many German dogs are these days. Pasterns are nice, shoulder nice, nice masculine head. Feet look nice and tight from what i can see of them.

Edit: sorry I critiqued his conformation, when you were asking about his pedigree! The father's side is quite a nice pedigree, with many VA-rated dogs. The VA rating can ONLY be given at the Sieger show, the biggest show of the year. so these are considered to be really exceptional dogs. The V rating is the highest rating that can be given at other less important shows. So, yes, very nice pedigree, except for the dogs on the grand-dam's side, that have no titles showing. If there is someone on the board with access to the SV pedigrees, they could perhaps check and see if they really are untitled or if the person entering the pedigree just couldn't be bothered filling in the details.

Last edited by Sunsilver; 05-19-2017 at 12:18 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsilver View Post
The mother's side is mostly lacking any titles or other details (hips, elbows, etc.) Could be pet breeding, or could be the person posting just couldn't be bothered filling it all in.

I don't like the sire's back. He has a very steep croup, and a break in his topline where the spine begins to slope downwards. He also has loose, hanging lips, but that's extremely common in German showlines these days, and no one seems to find a fault with it, even though the standard says the lips should be tight and well-fitted.

Other than that, his conformation isn't bad. Ears are a bit big for my taste, but he's not severely over-angulated in the rear, the way many German dogs are these days. Pasterns are nice, shoulder nice, nice masculine head. Feet look nice and tight from what i can see of them.

Edit: sorry I critiqued his conformation, when you were asking about his pedigree! The father's side is quite a nice pedigree, with many VA-rated dogs. The VA rating can ONLY be given at the Sieger show, the biggest show of the year. so these are considered to be really exceptional dogs. The V rating is the highest rating that can be given at other less important shows. So, yes, very nice pedigree, except for the dogs on the grand-dam's side, that have no titles showing. If there is someone on the board with access to the SV pedigrees, they could perhaps check and see if they really are untitled or if the person entering the pedigree just couldn't be bothered filling in the details.

Thanks, I appreciate both the critique on his conformation and the pedigree!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page