Help with pet friendly hotels in Toronto for woofstock - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 6Likes
  • 3 Post By Miss Molly May
  • 3 Post By Miss Molly May

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Help with pet friendly hotels in Toronto for woofstock

Hi I was hoping someone could recommend a pet friendly hotel. We called Weston harbour castle ( the recommended hotel of the woofstock event) but they told us they have a 40lb weight limit. Well max and Molly are both over 80lb...
I'm a little bothered that the main hotel promoted by the event aren't waiving the weight limit for that weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Master Member

I haven't used any of these (no need) but you can check them out individually and see if there are restrictions or limitations. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g1...io-Hotels.html You can take well-behaved dogs on transit in non-rush hours.

Please don't litter. Neuter your pets!

Quinn, Mar. 8/07 - Dec. 13/18, my best boy
Shadow, 1995-2007, always in my heart
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 12:01 AM

Toronto Don Valley Hotel...

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 60lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 60lbs of Go!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Thank you both for your recommendations
So far the Don valley parkway hotel has no size restrictions and my wife is going threw the trip advisor site to see what else is available. We are pretty excited this will be Max's first trip into a big city. We have been working hard on his obedience so this will be a great test for him.
Max and Molly are in for a fun weekend we plan on taking them to bass pro shop (pet friendly), woofstock and a walk in downtown Toronto and stop at any pet friendly establishments.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 02:19 PM

Thats correct, no size restrictions at Don Valley.

If you yourself are not familiar with downtown Toronto, there are several areas that I might stick to rather than heading straight into the heart of it all... plenty to do in the outskirts near the parks, universitiy and shopping districts. The level of construction that is going on there now because of the nice weather seems like it'd be unfair to a dog visiting for the first time - I hated it as a person... this coming from someone who frequents downtown San Francisco. The area directly surrounding The Eaton Center is my main reference. I'd also aim to go on a weekend morning.... I found that to be a lovely time.

Jarvis + Adelaide / St Lawrence Market / waterfront area...

Allan Gardens Botanical Gardens is dog friendly.

Yorkville / Toronto University / Queens park area...

^places that I'd recommend but is in no way all inclusive. It was my first time spending an extended amount of time in Toronto (2 weeks).

You will encounter lots of dogs as well - on leash and well behaved but a lot more than I was expecting - it was nice to see such an active dog loving town. I also imagine it may be a law there (?) but I saw several muzzled dogs too... mainly in train stations, but certainly not the same stigma muzzles carry here in the states. French Bulldogs and Standard Poodles in droves! Beware, lol

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 60lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 60lbs of Go!!!!!

Last edited by Fodder; 05-06-2017 at 02:22 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder View Post
Thats correct, no size restrictions at Don Valley.

If you yourself are not familiar with downtown Toronto, there are several areas that I might stick to rather than heading straight into the heart of it all... plenty to do in the outskirts near the parks, universitiy and shopping districts. The level of construction that is going on there now because of the nice weather seems like it'd be unfair to a dog visiting for the first time - I hated it as a person... this coming from someone who frequents downtown San Francisco. The area directly surrounding The Eaton Center is my main reference. I'd also aim to go on a weekend morning.... I found that to be a lovely time.

Jarvis + Adelaide / St Lawrence Market / waterfront area...

Allan Gardens Botanical Gardens is dog friendly.

Yorkville / Toronto University / Queens park area...

^places that I'd recommend but is in no way all inclusive. It was my first time spending an extended amount of time in Toronto (2 weeks).

You will encounter lots of dogs as well - on leash and well behaved but a lot more than I was expecting - it was nice to see such an active dog loving town. I also imagine it may be a law there (?) but I saw several muzzled dogs too... mainly in train stations, but certainly not the same stigma muzzles carry here in the states. French Bulldogs and Standard Poodles in droves! Beware, lol
Thanks for the info it's well appreciated!!!
Max needs the exposure! Since we live in the country he doesn't get much interaction with people and other dogs.
I'm sure he will embarrass us a few times during the trip but it will be a great training experience
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Great day we decided to take the hour drive to start getting Max more exposure to a busy town with other dogs and people. He did amazing we walked around then we brought them to petsmart for a new toy. We walked pass many other dogs and he completely ignored them. We do not socialize our dogs on leash especially when we don't know the other dog so simple walk bys and keeping his focus on me was perfect... I'm pretty confident Max will be well behaved at woofstock.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Master Member

We may run into you. Not sure yet which day we're going - it will depend on the weather.

Suki (Bella vom Wofenhaus, born May 31, 2008)
Diva (Aphrodite de Domus Didacus, born December 4, 2009)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki's Mom View Post
We may run into you. Not sure yet which day we're going - it will depend on the weather.
Right on it should be fun!!!
It will be a great training experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page