Do Your Dogs Eat Weird Food? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Do Your Dogs Eat Weird Food?

Max liked broccoli and so does Newlie. Newlie sits beside me when I am eating Halos (California mandarins) and I share sections with him. Neither of them care(d) for bananas, my impression is that the texture is the problem. What weird foods do your dogs like to eat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Master Member

And I thought my dog was the only dog that likes halos! She also loves bananas, apples, carrots, and corn on the Cobb. She nibbles apples and corn on the cob while I hold it so she dosent get to devour it whole. I have not yet found anything she dosent love to eat. I'm starting to believe she has no taste sense haha
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Knighted Member

I haven't found anything that my Germans won't eat. My German / golden mix is a bit Pickier. They will all eat bananas apples, oranges, peaches, tomatoes, carrots. Tonight they were all eating watermelon. They absolutely love blueberry yogurt.

Athena IGP 1, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Crowned Member

I make a fruit salad in the summer and we all eat it. I have mulberry trees and they beg to go out and eat them. Robyn loves peaches, I had to make sure she couldn't to the peach tree. Last year I made a pineapple slush--pineapple and ice and Tannor couldn't get enough of it. Misty likes kale but it has to have garlic on it. Watermelon is probably the favorite for all of us.
Daisy&Lucky's Mom likes this.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:17 PM

Phoenix wants to at least try what I am preparing. So far, he loves carrots, bananas, and just a bit of broccoli, depends on his mood. And, not all at the same time lol. He'll chew a bit of romaine lettuce and cucumber, then spit out. The last spoonful of yogurt is his now weird...goose poop and rabbit skittles , no kisses for Phoenix lol
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Elite Member

Nitro likes mangoes. As a pup he found a box of mangoes in the bottom of the pantry. He'd 'liberated' quite a few before before his crime was discovered. The shape, the taste, yum!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:57 AM

I have to keep a close eye on my pup when the asparagus is coming up. He will sneak into the garden and eat all he can find. He absolutely loves it. He also picks his own raspberries. I guess he likes his food fresh.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:11 AM

Roscoe gets disappointed if I don't share my apple with him in the morning. He seems to like the taste of bananas, because he will eat them after he has smashed the pieces you give him, but he won't eat a slice of it. As far as weird foods, he wants to get into dirt and rocks. It's a constant battle to keep him occupied with something else. He has stopped in the middle of chasing a ball to go get into some rocks.

Happy to be here.

RIP Roscoe 6/13/17

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Knighted Member

Varik loves watermelon and apples, and had strawberries for the first time at Easter (yum..for him). He likes carrots and begs for fresh green beans when I'm cleaning them, but usually just mangles them and leaves the mess on the floor.

As to really unusual, my first German Shepherd would drink pickle juice because I was drinking it (hey, I was only 10 or 12 years old!).

Xan Varik von Fernheim (born 4/3/13)
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

These are funny!

Newlie whines to eat the little pieces of stuff left in my bowl if I eat a salad. He also likes to lap up any remnants of ranch dressing in the bowl. He does like apples and cooked carrots, tends to spit out raw carrots. He will take pieces of melon in his mouth, but always spits those out, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page