Breeders in CT - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Breeders in CT

I apologize if this isn't the right area to post. I just joined. My family is looking for a GS breeder in the CT area. We are willing to travel to nearby NY, NJ, MA etc if it's in a reasonable distance. We really don't want to drive 6 hours with kids.

We have had a GS before but before we had our children. She passed away of old age. She was a rescue. Best dog I've ever owned! We are looking for a puppy ready sometime in June or July. Can anyone recommend some breeders? I'm so confused as we have never used one before & would like to make a good choice.

We are looking for a dog that has a good temperament as we have 4 kids. Thanks so much for any help! ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Elite Member

What are you looking for in a dog aside from a good temperament? Are you willing to ship a dog in?

Snitches get stitches.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Crowned Member

Hi Angel Marie and WELCOME!

Researching is VERY important.

There are many qualified people here to assist you! A little more info will help!

*Which "Type" of dog do you like? American Show Lines, West German Show Lines, Working Lines? (click on the Wildhaus page below, then click on "type". (btw, "show-lines" does not mean you must show)

*What activities or sports do you plan on doing with him/her.

*What type of lifestyle do you have that will include the dog?

*Tell a little about yourself/your family!

*What is your price range? (usual is $1,600 to $3,000)

Here are some good reading materials!
(German Shepherd and Schutzhund Articles, by Wildhaus Kennels )

Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder
How to Select a Breeder - German Shepherd Guide

German Shepherd Guide - Home

Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Crowned Member

We have an male asl and a female wgsl who incredibly awesome with our two kids and many young family members ranging in ages. Both dogs have nice relationships with our kids and strongly bonded. Can't be more happy with our dogs. They both really have great personalities and affectionate with their family. Our male is crazy smart and is a dog that just soaks up things to learn. He is not fond of other dogs outside his circle and can be suscpcious of certain people. He has strong herding instincts and awesome nose- he enjoys agility that we often practice in the backyard. Right now we are doing sheep herding and nose works. Our wgsl female is 8 months old very social and super super super sweet
and gentle with a inner toughness. We are just started nose works with her and can't wait to do tracking she has a beautiful nose. We also want to do some obedience with her in the future. Luna's brother was on fox and friends was a short glimpse they were speeding through the breeds. They both need much exercise aside from tiring each other and super smart.
We got our American showline Max from Woodhaven's Kennels in southhampton New Jersey - Jessica Torres and Luna our west German showline from Hollow Hills in Pennsylvania - Beth Dillenbeck.
http://hollowhillsgsd.com

Last edited by Jenny720; 04-19-2017 at 01:30 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:43 PM

Check with Erich Grasso (German Shepherds for Sale in Connecticut (CT) | Police Dogs for Sale). His dogs are beautiful and Erich has great skills matching people and dogs.
We got our boy from him 3 years ago and he is wonderful💖💖
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Crowned Member

Yes I have not had a dog from grasso but I only heard good things about him. He is in my breeder folder! Also Caldbergh Shepherds located Long Island ny- there is a wgsl shepherd in our noseworks class who is really nice dog. They had no pups at the time we were looking. http://www.caldberghgermanshepherds....o-Gallery.html

Last edited by Jenny720; 04-19-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in