Similarities and Differences between you and your dog(s) - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Similarities and Differences between you and your dog(s)

Everyone always talks about how dogs and their owners resemble each other. I find that true and false in some cases some times. Some people say that a dog and his owner look alike lol.

Here's the similarities and differences between my dog and me.

We're both told that we're sweet. Generally have a friendly demeanor towards people but also have a bit of a reserved nature. Prefer to be around women. Athletc and charismatic. Lots of energy. Brown eyes. We are both very protective of those we care about. If you mess with someone we care about we're bringing the pain and we're not here to play around. On the other hand Lobo is a little more feisty than I am. He is also extremely physically imposing, where I'm not exactly physically imposing. We both get told that we're good looking but if we're being honest Lobo is way above me in the looks department. Although Lobo loves everyone who offers to pet him I'm a little more selective over who I am around.

So let's hear the similarities and differences between you and your dogs.

Lobo-2 Year Old German Shepherd Mix(?)
Follow him on Instagram for your dose of adorableness @lobo_ramos15 (Family Friendly)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Knighted Member

My dog and I are alarmingly alike. They say that the justice exacted on you by the universe is you get a kid just like you. I got a dog like me.

Similarities: She's smart. Doesn't suffer fools gladly. Like me, she lacks a poker face, so you know when either one of us thinks you're a total idiot. Neither of us are exactly effusive or outgoing either. It isn't that we lack confidence, it's that big crowds tire us out. I test off the charts on introversion, and I saw something analogous in her when we spent time at a crowded "meet the breed" event. She actually retreated out of reach and took a nap, starting about 30 minutes into a 6 hour shift.

Differences: She's a lot happier and nicer than I am. I can be tough and prickly. She has a default setting of happy, and she's generally very sweet. And she's friendlier. I'm not particularly friendly or approachable. I'm also a lot more stubborn than she is. (This last one has worked out well, actually.)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Elite Member

Me and my Abby are very much alike.

Mostly in that we are both intensely loyal to those we love. She's a fast study and highly intelligent, and would prefer to do real world work over sport. We are both high energy, and love to snuggle.

We both don't tolerate fools gladly, and are very intense personalities. We tend to evoke strong feelings of like or dislike from people at times, which is a mixed blessing.

Athletically we are both fast and competitive runners but with a deceptively shortish, muscular build.

She's my "soulmate" dog, and I love her fiercely, as she does me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:46 PM

Too soon to tell with the new puppy, but a previous dog and I were very similar. To the point we could almost communicate without speech. Both outgoing but not for long periods. Both finicky about our personal space. Both big softies mostly but only once you got to know us. Both territorial lol. We both had a short fuse with rude people and dogs!
In fact there have been several people who told me we had the same personality. Miss that dog dangit.....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:27 PM

My dogs are exactly like me, smart, hard working, intelligent, good looking, driven, talented and modest.

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunc View Post
My dogs are exactly like me, smart, hard working, intelligent, good looking, driven, talented and modest.
ESPECIALLY modest, right?
Slamdunc likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryTart View Post
ESPECIALLY modest, right?
Of course!

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Master Member

We both have hairy legs, but I get mine removed
Slamdunc, sebrench and LBethO like this.

Suki (Bella vom Wofenhaus, born May 31, 2008)
Diva (Aphrodite de Domus Didacus, born December 4, 2009)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Knighted Member

My Newlie and I are alike as well. We both like people (until we are given a reason not to) and are probably a little too trusting. We are both affectionate, stubborn and loyal to those we love and will put up with a lot of nonsense from people, but cross that line and we will show our teeth.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 05:24 PM
Crowned Member

My girl likes people WAY more than I do, and that's a fact. Me and the boy are on the same page: you don't need to be touching me, we don't need to be friends. WHY are you still looking at me???
LBethO likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page