10 month old testy behavior before bed - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

10 month old testy behavior before bed

We are trying to let our 10 month old sleep in the bedroom with us but not on the bed itself since my skin is mildly allergic.

First few days he kept trying to jump on and we kept pushing him off. He kept doing it until I got a waterbottle sprayer which he HATED and for a whIle that worked.

Now he likes to get his front paws on the bed and pull blankets off, etx not letting us sleep. When I get in front of him to claim the bed he starts barking at me and going wild like playfully challenging me, so I put him in time out for 2min. I have to repeat this about 5 times until he finally gets tired and goes to bed on the floor.

I've read that it's his "zoomies" or "witching hour" but I was hoping I could train this bad behavior out of him. We made sure to get him really tired outside to the point that before our bedtime he was passed out sleeping on the couch.

I feel as though the water bottle is turning into a game for him so I'm trying not to use it.

I can treat him to go down but then he just learns he can get a treat when gets on the bed.

What are some ways you think I can train him to a. Calm down before bed (even though he was just played with outside and fell asleep on the couch from exhaustion)

And b. What are some training techniques to keep him off the bed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page