What crate fan do you use/like? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

What crate fan do you use/like?

I am looking for one that plugs into the cigarette lighter but needs a long cord because it would be going from the cab of my truck to the way back.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 06:06 PM
Knighted Member

I haven't had much luck with fans specifically made for crates. I recently got a pair of Ryobi portable fans with rechargeable batteries that appear to work much better. I have two extra batteries, as well.
Thecowboysgirl likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:59 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I love my Rigid fan.
RIDGID GEN5X 18-Volt Hybrid Fan (Tool Only)-R860720B - The Home Depot

Of course you also have to buy the battery and charger so not a cheap option, but I was very happy with how long the battery lasted last year. They are larger than the Ryobi, though made by the same company.

I also loved these. I had two. I did get tired of having the long extension cables running through my truck to get to them in the back (I have a crew cab). They are very hard on your battery, though with my diesel it wasn't a problem (2 batteries). More of a problem with a regular battery. I would still be using one if I hadn't broken the end of the cable.
https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-01...v+fans+12+volt
onyx'girl likes this.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Crowned Member

Ryobi is what I have now....though my O2Cool was decent. 8 D batteries was the only drawback....they did last fairly long into the summer.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well I'm glad Ryobi got two votes because I bought one...I got excited about the rechargeable battery. I had one of the small battery powered crate fans last year and the battery died all the time and I never had replacements, plus it didn't do enough anyway. Better than nothing.

For whatever reason my truck cap doesn't really get super hot like the cab, and if I park it cab into the sun and have the back of the cap open plus a fan on the crate I think he will be okay for short spells most days.

I looked at the other one that you listed, Lisa, but I couldn't tell how it was different than the Ryobi so that is what I bought.

Thanks guys I had no idea there was a rechargeable battery fan!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:13 PM
Crowned Member

I would invest in the larger battery. It runs longer.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 PM
Crowned Member

I have 2 Ryobi's with the long batteries and a set of the smaller than came with the chargers....this is my second set - round lime green ones....I originally had the more rectangular ones, 2 sets of long lasting batteries and chargers ---- but a "friend" helped herself to them while I was in the hospital and just kept them.....big hit.....but I love the fans!

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Can anybody link me what the longer lasting batteries are? I thought I only saw one kind so that's what I bought to go with it but I only got one. It would be nice to have 2 for the inevitable time that I run it dead and forget to charge it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:51 PM
Knighted Member

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks!

I'm extra happy that my truck battery is no longer involved...I would have worried constantly about killing it. This is way better.
wolfstraum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page