First time gsd owner!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

First time gsd owner!!

Hi here , I bought a female German shepherd puppy!Super excited!I have had her for two weeks and she is ten weeks old. She is amazing, very sweet, super smart and beautiful! I do have a question, she doesn't seem very affectionate and also I'm hoping she has Chosen me as her one person. I come home she is wagging her tail and whining because she is super excited to see me, this is very different than the response she gives anybody else in our house when they come home. She does follow me wherever I go, inside and out, is this a sign that she has chosen me? But sometimes when we are at home and I call for her she doesn't come to me, just stands there and looks at me like "what."lol I do do all the training and feeding and she spends the most time with me.Also I may pick her up and try and hold her and she squirms and wants down and then lays by my feet. She LOVES to lay by and on my feet , also loves to bite them,lol is this normal behavior? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Crowned Member

Welcome and Congratulations!! Your puppy sounds adoreable. Fritz didn't like being held, he would want to be let down on the ground to create chaos. As time went on, he got cuddlier and cuddlier. Work on that 'Come'..you will soon discover its very important. Also, GSD's are also known as 'velcro' dogs. Good luck

PS, a newbie requirement is photo's!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 06:02 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

She's just a baby with lots to learn! If you get a good start on ---> https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...s-puppies.html she'll really start to be 'your' dog.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 07:03 PM

I've heard that it's pretty common for puppies to be to busy to do much cuddling, but they tend to get more affectionate as they get older. My female turns 1 year old next week, and I'm just starting to think she's getting a bit more cuddly than she used to be.

~Jessica~

Maya (Peakes Brook Night Prowler) - female ASL GSD born 12/2/14
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 07:28 PM

My two year old male isn't much of a cuddler. He likes it for just a little while. When he was a little puppy, every touch seemed to be an invitation to play nip and wrestle. It took months before I could simply pat him on the head.

My eleven week old female cuddles a little but she is also busy wanting to nip and wrestle and play tug. She is more likely to settle on my lap if she is really tired.

Congrats on your pup. They change so much as they grow.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the replies I am glad to hear that this is normal behavior. She has been doing really good the last couple days. I cannot tell y'all how nice it is to have this forum and be able to attain as much information I have in such a short time. I am on here two or three times a day, constantly learning! So thanks again for the information an d I will try and post a picture as soon as I can!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 04:20 PM

Congrats on your new puppy. Like someone on top said they do change/grow too fast. Take all the puppy pictures you can while you can~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page