HAPPY THANKSGIVING (toasts?) Post here. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING (toasts?) Post here.

I am thankful for my dutch shepherd. He has morphed from satan's spawn as a puppy to a super SAR teammate. I am thankful he works as hard as he does and is a total goofball other times. I am thankful that despite me, he is actually very well trained.

I am not so thankful about his destroying couch pillows, eating sticks and garden pots, and his toys and.... I am also not so thankful about his tendency to hump to high heaven golden labs.

I am thankful for my husband's rescue GSD. She has brought that lovey dovey spirit into the household. I am thankful she can help wear out my dutch.

I am not so thankful that she eats poop and refuses to let us clip her nails.

A toast to the dogs!!!

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I am also thankful for programs like this... a prison program to train dogs. You want a tear jerker in a good way, this is on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZjxPqL_EQ

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:15 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Crowned Member

I'm thankful for many things today food, family and safety but especially paid vacation and holidays.
Happy Thanksgiving to all the humans and all the GSDs and other four legged family members from Maggi, Lucky and Charlie.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Crowned Member

We wish all our American friends a Happy Healthy and Safe Thanksgiving full of family and friends..oh, food too!. Deb and Fritz

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Crowned Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all and your dogs. On the dog front I am thankful to have Deja and my new collie pup and that they have finally been able to get along with a lot of training and management on my part. I am thankful for my peaceful micro world.
I wish peace for this earth. We need it so bad.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Crowned Member

Yes a toast to all the dogs! Happy Thanksgiving! Im thankful all my animals that keep me sane my family and friends, good health, good times a home to live in and food to eat. I am grateful to all that keep us safe in the crazy world we live in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 05:11 PM

Wishing all dogs (and their humans) a very safe and happy Thanksgiving!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Knighted Member

You know, despite all the hardships and aggravations we experience in life, it's good to stop and remember that we have it better than the majority of people living in the world today.

For myself, I have been blessed with a loving family, devoted friends and my boy, Newlie, who I love to pieces. I have never truly known what it was like to be hungry or thirsty, without shelter from the elements, or terribly sick with no hope of medical care. We live in a country of abundance and that most precious thing, freedom. We bow to no one unless we choose, we can say what we think without fear of torture or death, and the control of our lives and our futures is largely in our own hands. Our land is governed by law and we are protected every day of our lives by the police, firefighters, first responders and our military. We should be proud and thankful every day for the people who risk everything to keep us safe.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving and that sometime today you take the time to remember how lucky we all are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page