RANT: Why are you tailgating a clearly marked Search Dog car? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

RANT: Why are you tailgating a clearly marked Search Dog car?

Little Miss BMW: Why are you tailgating at 60 mgh (5 over the speed limit) a car that is clearly marked as carrying a "Search Dog"? Why would you do this, putting the driver (me), but more importantly, my dog at risk? It was a cold morning and icy in spots. Why would you do that other than you are an idiot, selfish, and self absorbed? I am off to training, to volunteer, what are you off to doing?

I pulled over and she went on to tailgate the next car.

Had a sewer pump truck tailgate me going to Wednesdays training too. I am not a slow driver either.

Why can't people back off?

And for the record, this is about all dogs that are transported in the rear of cars, all dogs, and all people not just search dogs. This is so not worth the risk to others and if you hit me, I will sue you to high heaven.

STOP TAILGATING.

Sorry just in a bad mood over humanity I think.

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I have always wanted paint guns all around my car that I could deploy at these idiots. Wouldn't that be fun! Honestly, I drive 5 over (not if there was ice!), and slow way down if someone gets on my tail.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Crowned Member

People don't care what is in the ride...I don't advertise that I have dogs in my vehicle, and cringe when someone will tailgate me. I get in the other lane quick to let them do it to someone else. It's all about them. I drive 200 miles every saturday to train and it never fails. I drive the Chicago to Detroit corridor...and vice versa, lol.
Not worth pissing someone off if they are being selfish idiots, I just get out of their way and let them harass someone else.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

My slow down is when I get to a passing zone. I want them GONE around me BYE. With road rage, I don't want them mad.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Master Member

Having stickers/signs/etc. on the car really won't affect anyone else's driving habits. I find the best thing to do is to give yourself a few minutes of extra time and cruise in the right lane - it's by far the most relaxing and stress-free way of driving, and gives tail-gaiters and other fools an opportunity to pass you.

If you're being tailgated in the left lane, then regardless of your speed (& the speed limit) you need to move over and let the traffic pass. Playing the "I'm righteous and already speeding" card will not do anything but encourage road rage and endanger everyone around you.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriy View Post
Having stickers/signs/etc. on the car really won't affect anyone else's driving habits. I find the best thing to do is to give yourself a few minutes of extra time and cruise in the right lane - it's by far the most relaxing and stress-free way of driving, and gives tail-gaiters and other fools an opportunity to pass you.

If you're being tailgated in the left lane, then regardless of your speed (& the speed limit) you need to move over and let the traffic pass. Playing the "I'm righteous and already speeding" card will not do anything but encourage road rage and endanger everyone around you.
True, but I usually travel two lane highways. It's difficult for the tail gaiters to pass, but they still try. Mostly I'm 3-5 over the limit, and I catch up with them the next little town.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Two lane roads are the only place I encounter tailgaters. Most typically when I am on an unfamiliar stretch of road so I am not exceeding the speed limit OR after dark during the fall (sorry, I really don't like eye to eye with Bambi)......

I always move over if I am on a multi-lane road and I can. I get more angry about people passing on the right weaving in and out of traffic not even giving you a moment to respond.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Master Member

You have no idea how many times I've wished for a fully charged phaser array...

Lily: ETD PKD-T ADP-L5/CH ADP-L1(Pr) CNSD
Leo: U-CA ETD PKD-T D-CRO-Preliminary S-ADP-L5/CH S-ADP-L1(Pr) S-ADP-L2(Pr) CNSD
Ilka: BN RE CA CGC TKP ETD PKD-T CRO-1 NCO-1 S-ADP-L4 D-CRO-Preliminary (2009-2017) RIP
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Elite Member

I like to slow way down. If they get mad I give a little wave and blow kisses6. People don't care about you. Its all about themselves.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Crowned Member

People tailgate my horse trailer all the time, despite being clearly marked "Show horses: keep back." The person I got the trailer from had said, "maybe if people realize that if anything happens to my horses and they're worth more than they make in a year, it won't work out well for them, they won't tailgate." Guess what- it doesn't work. People are just idiots. Another friend has "Smile- you're on camera!" on the back of her trailer and that actually does seem to deter people (well, she also drives like a maniac....).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page