Did I just luck out or is this breed SO adaptable? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Did I just luck out or is this breed SO adaptable?

My pup and I are settled. I was concerned about getting a puppy at my Senior (60) age but, now that the dust has settled (she's 1 1/2 yrs now) - I can see how perfect she is for me.

We are on the same team, in the same boat rowing - however you want to describe it - we are in harmony from Sunrise to Sunset She's content and happy and so am I. We laugh and do crazy several times a day and we nap with paw or arm flung over each other and snooze. We "talk" like crazy, we complain, we do happy talk - it's all there.

Her time is her time and she holds me to it every day. Ball, walk, explore new things, training - hang in the shop - if I deviate my normal healthy routine - she parks her but in my line of vision and stares me down until I do what I should be doing She and I are having some major disagreement about getting up in the morning and the time change, but we're compromising and meeting halfway (6:00am)

My weird life has been anything but normal BUT - I've always managed to get stupid lucky with my dogs...... I will just thank the powers that be for that.

For me, the GSD has proven to be the dog for me. From 5 years old, till the day I die - they have been by my side and kept me happy, responsible and healthy Anyway, just wanted to try to say, what an amazing walk it has been for me with this breed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 12:17 AM

That is a beautifully stated testament.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Master Member

That is an absolutely wonderful testament to the breed.

Fallon (WLGS) b 5/23/14 & Mira (Aussie) b 8/31/04
RIP: Katie (Bel.Shp.Mix)-CGC; Shadow (WLGS); Monty (GSxAkita); CH. Windy Citys Sweet Talker (Shannon);
Cheli; WC's Home Alone (Kevin); CH. WCs Dancing with Wolves (Tish); Ragnar-CGC; Tammy (GSmix)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 05:15 AM

Dogs tend to compliment their owners very well
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 05:46 AM
Crowned Member

OH , look it's a squirrel - see ya !

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Master Member

Stonevintage, it sounds like this particular pup is your heart dog. I am glad that you found her and that your relationship with her is so fulfilling. It's so wonderful to be able to connect in that way.

Fallon (WLGS) b 5/23/14 & Mira (Aussie) b 8/31/04
RIP: Katie (Bel.Shp.Mix)-CGC; Shadow (WLGS); Monty (GSxAkita); CH. Windy Citys Sweet Talker (Shannon);
Cheli; WC's Home Alone (Kevin); CH. WCs Dancing with Wolves (Tish); Ragnar-CGC; Tammy (GSmix)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 04:06 PM

That is awesome! They do make us get off our rear ends even when we don't feel like it!

Our white girl-Nala born 8/24/15
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP 11/2013 our first pup Shatzi
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Oh Carmen you slay me - ROF But it's true! We are in the process of making "friends" with the squirrel. I am using the LAT technique - standing right under the tree with the Squirrel 5 feet above me and Summer right next to me. I, like an idiot am having happy toned conversations with the squirrel and Summer. Summer is calming down about the squirrel. I think now that the leaves are off the tree and she can see, the running blur mystery is getting less exciting for her.

Yes, she is a heart dog. I'm sitting here with so much mud under my fingernails from just playing ball in the rain with her. She don't care - ball must be played! They do keep you busy and that's great
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonevintage View Post
My pup and I are settled. I was concerned about getting a puppy at my Senior (60) age but, now that the dust has settled (she's 1 1/2 yrs now) - I can see how perfect she is for me.

We are on the same team, in the same boat rowing - however you want to describe it - we are in harmony from Sunrise to Sunset She's content and happy and so am I. We laugh and do crazy several times a day and we nap with paw or arm flung over each other and snooze. We "talk" like crazy, we complain, we do happy talk - it's all there.

Her time is her time and she holds me to it every day. Ball, walk, explore new things, training - hang in the shop - if I deviate my normal healthy routine - she parks her but in my line of vision and stares me down until I do what I should be doing She and I are having some major disagreement about getting up in the morning and the time change, but we're compromising and meeting halfway (6:00am)

My weird life has been anything but normal BUT - I've always managed to get stupid lucky with my dogs...... I will just thank the powers that be for that.

For me, the GSD has proven to be the dog for me. From 5 years old, till the day I die - they have been by my side and kept me happy, responsible and healthy Anyway, just wanted to try to say, what an amazing walk it has been for me with this breed.

I don't think this is luck, you're obviously a person who brings out the very best in every dog you've ever owned.
That's a gift from the powers that be.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findlay View Post
I don't think this is luck, you're obviously a person who brings out the very best in every dog you've ever owned.
That's a gift from the powers that be.
Thanks Findlay! That's something to ponder, or maybe not - just be happy, warm and fuzzy about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page