German Shepherds Forum banner

Interesting question

946 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Rangers_mom 
#1 ·
Can Dogs see ghosts??? My 2 dogs Chase (6 month old Gsd) and Blizzard (8 month old Old English Sheepdog) both started barking like crazy with really deep barks it kinda scared me and there was no one outside a d nothing that would make the dogs bark

#2 ·
They may see better in low light than we do. They hear things and smell things that we cannot. I doubt that it is supernatural. That being said, what ever lives in the dark on the other side of our fence always gets an ear-full from my dog, and I have yet to see what it it. Could be anything from a coyote to a turkey to a house cat. Still it does feel spooky.

#3 ·
Sabi and I were doing a patrol of the old base, we were checking what used to be the old base commanders house? I think. She was loose as she was not yet certified for patrol and we were on a closed facility, so really just keeping me company. She suddenly darted forward, barking and growling like crazy, stopped dead and cowered like someone had hit her, yelped and high tailed it back to hide behind mom. The houses had floodlights all over them, there was absolutely nothing there. We finished the patrol, but her hackles stayed up until we were back in the truck. Hundreds of patrols after that never produced that response again.
The old mess hall however was a different story. For all the years we spent checking that building, Sabi stayed at the end of her leash, as far from that building as she could get and no amount of bribing, corrections or threats would convince her to set foot inside. Not any other pup or dog we ever had would go near the place either. We commonly let the dogs loose after the gates were shut and not one dog would go there. Since we used the base for training every patrol dog did time there and the other buildings never posed an issue. We ran set ups in the hangars, dorms, shops and offices but the mess hall was never used because even if we forced the dogs inside, they were useless.
The old boy that built our house passed away just before we moved in, at 101 years old. I am convinced that Shadow sees him, and likes him. We found a room under the stairs hidden behind an old cabinet full of old bottles of liquor and an ashtray with a cigar stub in it. Shadow is fascinated by it and runs to it wagging her tail and scratching at the hidden entrance. If I let her in she dances around with her tail wagging, just like she's greeting someone she knows.

#6 ·
I'm defiantly still in Halloween mode and enjoyed Sabis moms story. My little chihuahua always sleeps with my kids. Sometimes we steal him and bring him into our bed. There have been times he will just stare at the corner at the ceiling. He also does it in the den and sometimes in my daughters room. He stares very obvious as if there is something there just as babies look at blank walls as if something is there. I have a few ghost stories as I sure many people do or if they don't they one day will.

#7 ·
Almost 20 years ago I owned a border collie who was friends with a bassett and a vizla. The vizla died. About a week later my dog was playing with the bassett. Suddenly both dogs stopped playing and just stared at the vizla's front stoop. Both dogs started whining and barking as they continued to look at the vizla's empty front stoop. It was very spooky. It really seemed like they saw someone they knew on that front stoop and they were asking him to come out and play. Still gives me chills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.