It's no wonder people ask if that's a purebred gsd anymore... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

It's no wonder people ask if that's a purebred gsd anymore...

Show line, working line, panda, black & tan, long hair, plush,bi color, black, white, sable, small, large......

Where is this all going??? Just a post for thoughts. The standard isn't going anywhere, and my concern isn't that - just - WTHeck?? A 23lb gsd or 173lb gsd - dalmation colored? poodle hair?

This pict looks like a Panda failure to me - it's a real dog - but what the heck? A GSD to me has classic markings that proudly represent in the breed. Guess not..... WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE COLORS THAT REPRESENT THE BREED and don't make people ask what "mix" that is???

Last edited by Stonevintage; 12-03-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Just to compare, imagine the Rott or Doberman being messed around with this much - ridiculous.....
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonevintage View Post
Show line, working line, panda, black & tan, long hair, plush,bi color, black, white, sable, small, large......

Where is this all going??? Just a post for thoughts. The standard isn't going anywhere, and my concern isn't that - just - WTHeck?? A 23lb gsd or 173lb gsd - dalmation colored? poodle hair?

This pict looks like a Panda failure to me - it's a real dog - but what the heck? A GSD to me has classic markings that proudly represent in the breed. Guess not..... WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE COLORS THAT REPRESENT THE BREED and don't make people ask what "mix" that is???
That picture is awful,poor dog. The head is clearly beautiful german shepherd. There seems to be a 'fashion' at the moment to meddle with a dogs 'natural' genetic make-up and what they can come up with?. Labradoodles,cockapoos,puggles,sprollies,'wolf' dogs etc etc Not to mention the 'fashion' to own a certain breed,here in the UK at the moment its huskies,malamutes and anything of that ilk that are filling the re-homing centres (not to mention the staffies and akitas) wish people would think before they ACT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 10:00 AM
Knighted Member

That's fake/photoshopped, right?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 10:39 AM

It does look photo shopped.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Could be photoshopped. I was just trying to get an example that was so far out there that it wouldn't offend.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryTart View Post
That's fake/photoshopped, right?
That was my reaction too. Looks like a black and tan with a large black saddle. The placement of the white seems much too purposeful. If you look at the blow up, the white areas have a strange texture to them. More appropriate to a pattern on a sweater, or couch. And look at the date on the "photo". November 5, 2021? Stonevintage ... you've found the dog of the future!!

Fallon (WLGS) b 5/23/14 & Mira (Aussie) b 8/31/04
RIP: Katie (Bel.Shp.Mix)-CGC; Shadow (WLGS); Monty (GSxAkita); CH. Windy Citys Sweet Talker (Shannon);
Cheli; WC's Home Alone (Kevin); CH. WCs Dancing with Wolves (Tish); Ragnar-CGC; Tammy (GSmix)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 12:57 PM

doubt it's photoshopped... here what looks like a younger photo of the same dog.

I know what you mean with the pandas Stone and surely there is the worn out discussion over WL vs SL but outside of that, everything you list is perfectly normal within our breed just some more common than others and that's where the general publics questions stem. no toying around created my long coats, bi color or sable dogs. honestly I think it's the increase of popularity with the belgian breeds that cause ppl to question any "out of the ordinary" gsd of being something else. Keys is a dark sable and not only do ppl ask if he's a mal, they'll then leave the conversation with - he's got malinois coloring. it'd be hard pressed to find a mal this dark.

and then of course there's long haired rotties and white dobermans.... so, it's not just us
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	327346  

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 60lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 60lbs of Go!!!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonevintage View Post
Just to compare, imagine the Rott or Doberman being messed around with this much - ridiculous.....
Sadly,I think every breed is being messed around with.People trying for different colors and sizes to, the detriment of the dogs.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 01:52 PM

Stonevintage,read Doc's post in the Rosehall kennel thread.Post #31 and see what you think.He posted my thoughts exactly!

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page