The Sixth Sense - Have you seen it in your GSD? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The Sixth Sense - Have you seen it in your GSD?

We are approaching Halloween and I thought it would be a good time to share "spooky" tails about our dogs. - This time, your cats are included because they seem to have an uncanny awareness of events not seen by us as well.

Please share your stories about your creepy, otherworldly senses you have seen with your GSD.... There's some pretty strange stuff, like alerting 20 minutes before someone shows up or watching them react to someone like they are a long lost soul or enemy.....

Sometimes, It's strange behavior..... sometimes, it's very focused - . Did you know that several of our highest technologies are based on a 4th dimension principle? Satellite communications for one - a beam is shot from one place and technically does not exist until it becomes visible again and "arrives" at it's receiver..... Laser is another. The next gen computers due out in the next 3 years are operating on quantum physics/4th dimension stuff. How can it be that they know about it and use it but, they still don't have a clue as to what it is? - Our pets apparently do.....

So, is it that hard to believe that our pups - when in strange behavior - aren't just a little more aware and tapped in than we are at this time????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:08 AM

This isn't really 6th sense, but a story I still get a kick out of about my now deceased GSD's judgement of character and response to it.

I was dating a guy for awhile that at first my dog seemed to get on well with. Later he started getting in between us on the couch, if we tried to hug or kiss he would get in the middle, and he would fuss and whine and never settle when we were together. I thought he was probably just not liking the change in routine and wanted this guy to go away so it would just be us again.

Well, one day I come home from work and my ex-BF is at my house (it was his day off and he was just going to hang out at my house.) He was so angry his face was blood red. I asked him what was wrong and he responded with a string of expletives about my dog ruining his truck.

"Where did you take him, was he alone in the truck?"
"NO! THE OUTSIDE, DAMNIT!"

Apparently (for a reason that became obvious later...) he had locked my dog outside for long enough that T-Bone had completely worked his brand new, sparkly painted souped up truck over. He had raked it with his claws. He had gotten up and even ripped the weather stripping away from the windows! I mean he really jacked this truck up badly.

I was so embarrassed and said, maybe there was a mouse in the truck bed or a cat he was trying to get?

It seemed plausible enough though I had never had any issues with mice, roaming cats, etc. But it's the best I could come up with.

About a week later it comes out.... My lovely BF had his EX GIRLFRIEND at my house. IN MY HOUSE! Doing what? Well, it doesn't matter... he had done the unthinkable by bringing a strange woman into my house.

The day he did it? The day he locked T-Bone outside so she could come in.

Needless to say, he went, the dog stayed. T never did anything like that before or after said incident.

Good boy, T-Bone, goooood boy.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:19 AM

I had a cat as a kid I literally grew up with, he was a couple years old then me.. Super smart, walked me to school and met me after school.

Anyways, we had these sketchy neighbors across the road. These two grown men lived with their mother and there were always cops there. One came over to talk to me one time, obviously pretty weird as I was like 7 in the yard by myself. Out of nowhere comes Fred full tilt and latched right onto the guys shoulder. I'm pretty sure he was going for the face but he turned. After what felt like minutes he finally got him off of him.

A little while later he was arrested for assaulting his elderly mother, then when I was a teenager he was arrested for molesting his girlfriends kids..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Be the person your dog thinks you are

Bear - 02/26/15
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Awesome, I can picture it now. Your boy knew something was very wrong, bad and would not be ok with you! That is what I'm talking about too. They just "know" sometimes and all their training is "OFF". They are running on a different level.

BTW - my X was a cowboy....Bull rider.... no, I didn't listen to the warnings.... sounds like your X and mine would have been buddies - aholes!

Good boy, T-Bone, goooood boy.[/QUOTE]
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amburger16 View Post
I had a cat as a kid I literally grew up with, he was a couple years old then me.. Super smart, walked me to school and met me after school.

Anyways, we had these sketchy neighbors across the road. These two grown men lived with their mother and there were always cops there. One came over to talk to me one time, obviously pretty weird as I was like 7 in the yard by myself. Out of nowhere comes Fred full tilt and latched right onto the guys shoulder. I'm pretty sure he was going for the face but he turned. After what felt like minutes he finally got him off of him.

A little while later he was arrested for assaulting his elderly mother, then when I was a teenager he was arrested for molesting his girlfriends kids..

These stories just make the hair on my arms go up! There's definitely something going on with some animals/pets that give them a hyper-sense of some really bad vibes and they react to protect..... Amazing
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonevintage View Post
These stories just make the hair on my arms go up! There's definitely something going on with some animals/pets that give them a hyper-sense of some really bad vibes and they react to protect..... Amazing
Definitely amazing. To this day I'm amazed that a cat would do that, even though I know how incredibly smart he was. Animals truly do have some sort of sixth sense.

Be the person your dog thinks you are

Bear - 02/26/15
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonevintage View Post
Awesome, I can picture it now. Your boy knew something was very wrong, bad and would not be ok with you! That is what I'm talking about too. They just "know" sometimes and all their training is "OFF". They are running on a different level.

BTW - my X was a cowboy....Bull rider.... no, I didn't listen to the warnings.... sounds like your X and mine would have been buddies - aholes!

Good boy, T-Bone, goooood boy.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they would have been great drinking buddies .. pshh.. complete A-holes!

Men like that shouldn't be called "dogs". Dogs are way too loyal and emotionally intelligent to behave in such a manner

Amburger, that's awesome. What a good cat, he knew! Shame for those little kids he victimized and his mother
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Great thread Stone!I've got no stories to shareBut I will enjoy reading other's experiences!

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone'sMamma View Post

About a week later it comes out.... My lovely BF had his EX GIRLFRIEND at my house. IN MY HOUSE! Doing what? Well, it doesn't matter... he had done the unthinkable by bringing a strange woman into my house.

The day he did it? The day he locked T-Bone outside so she could come in.

Gooood Doggie!

SG Seger vom Sitz vd Hose, IPO3, AD
G Faren vom Warkonhaus, Monkey in Training
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch
The veil is thinning as we get closer to Samhain so it would make sense that most animals senses are heightened a bit more than usual (and some people to).

Merlin and Carrot have been on edge a little more the past few weeks, last night Carrot was starring and chasing something. I tend to look for mundane reasons first, but there were no knats, or flys or flying bugs of any sort. Nothing light being carried by the wind from the AC and nothing that I could *see*, that he could see. He did this for awhile and eventually settled down.

Carrot is my curious one while Merlin is the more cautious one. Merlin wasn't all to happy with whatever Carrot was chasing after and sat on top of the cabinets with a poofy tail. Normally they are playing together.

Buddy and Bailey don't really care, although I think Bailey is just so old that her senses are dulled and Buddy is just oblivious to his surroundings.

Fun Fact: In Egyptian lore, cats are guardians of the Underworld so it makes sense.

~Johanna~

Baily ~ GSD x ~ (Jan 2001 - Jan 2016)

Buddy ~ Schnauzer X Jack Russell ~ 11yrs
Merlin ~ Solid Black Cat DOB 4/5/2015 <Super Stalker Ninja Kitty>
Carrot ~ Solid Black Cat DOB (est) 7/15/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page