Peeing on stomach? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Peeing on stomach?

Does your dog ever pee on his stomach fur? Took Remi out today and his pee stream was divided going forward and back. He peed on his stomach and his back leg. Is this "normal"? I have seen him have two streams going, but he has never hit himself on the stomach or back leg. He always gets his front leg

Not sure if this is a health issue or just something that happens to male dogs.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Elite Member

I have minimal experience but my guy is a "front leg pee-er" Always has been. Drives me nuts.

I find the two stream issue very odd. It almost sounds like there is a blockage somewhere that forces the stream to split.

It would be worthwhile to have a vet take a look just to ease your mind and proactive is always better than reactive in the event there's something more to it.

Wishing Remi well.

Lynn & Traveler
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Any chance he could just have some hair caught up under the sheath?

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Crowned Member

Check to see if all is clean and clear down there.

Otherwise, maybe a vet check is in order. Sprinkler peeing could signal prostate problems.

Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12

Rolf, black German import ♥️ DOB 6-7-2019
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Crowned Member

I have not noticed that. Midnite used to pee on his front leg but has learned how to pee the right way. Apollo lifted his leg for the first time on his 1st birthday and he is a good shot

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I checked things out "down there" and everything seems fine to me. Will keep an eye on him. If it continues, will take him to the vet.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 09:01 PM

Hmm.. I've never seen dual stream.

Cobe hoses down his front legs sometimes.. He gets splash back if he's standing too close to that which he's hosing down. He's only ever peed in odd angles when he's urinating through an erection...

Next time I'm getting a girl.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe914 View Post
Hmm.. I've never seen dual stream.

Cobe hoses down his front legs sometimes.. He gets splash back if he's standing too close to that which he's hosing down. He's only ever peed in odd angles when he's urinating through an erection...

Next time I'm getting a girl.
Then you have to deal with bitchy temperament

Hans had dual stream when he had an inflamed prostate. He did the front leg splashing when he was younger. Doesn't do it anymore.

Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12

Rolf, black German import ♥️ DOB 6-7-2019
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Master Member

Good idea to check in with vet if it continues and there is no obvious cause. My guy is also a front leg pee-er. I once had a male dog who squatted and his curiosity would get the best of him while he was peeing and he would have to poke his head under to see what was going on. Splat ... poor guy !!!

Fallon (WLGS) b 5/23/14 & Mira (Aussie) b 8/31/04
RIP: Katie (Bel.Shp.Mix)-CGC; Shadow (WLGS); Monty (GSxAkita); CH. Windy Citys Sweet Talker (Shannon);
Cheli; WC's Home Alone (Kevin); CH. WCs Dancing with Wolves (Tish); Ragnar-CGC; Tammy (GSmix)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Master Member

My guy pees on his front legs when he hasn't gone recently and he has a full bladder. Then he won't let me wipe his paws -_-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page