German Shepherds Forum banner

Peeing on stomach?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  MythicMut 
#1 ·
Does your dog ever pee on his stomach fur? Took Remi out today and his pee stream was divided going forward and back. He peed on his stomach and his back leg. Is this "normal"? I have seen him have two streams going, but he has never hit himself on the stomach or back leg. He always gets his front leg :mad:

Not sure if this is a health issue or just something that happens to male dogs.

#2 ·
I have minimal experience but my guy is a "front leg pee-er":D Always has been. Drives me nuts.

I find the two stream issue very odd. It almost sounds like there is a blockage somewhere that forces the stream to split.

It would be worthwhile to have a vet take a look just to ease your mind and proactive is always better than reactive in the event there's something more to it.

Wishing Remi well.

Lynn & Traveler

#5 ·
I have not noticed that. Midnite used to pee on his front leg but has learned how to pee the right way. Apollo lifted his leg for the first time on his 1st birthday and he is a good shot:)

#7 ·
Hmm.. I've never seen dual stream.

Cobe hoses down his front legs sometimes.. He gets splash back if he's standing too close to that which he's hosing down. He's only ever peed in odd angles when he's urinating through an erection... :sick:

Next time I'm getting a girl.

#9 ·
Good idea to check in with vet if it continues and there is no obvious cause. My guy is also a front leg pee-er. I once had a male dog who squatted and his curiosity would get the best of him while he was peeing and he would have to poke his head under to see what was going on. Splat ... poor guy !!! :)

#12 ·
As long as it doesn't splash on me, I'm OK with it. Our last male kept peeing on my shoes when I was walking him. I had to correct that fast.

I agree to check with the vet's office.
:rofl: need to go wipe the tears out of my eyes ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.