Does anyone work in graphic design/photoshop to help make a blog/shirt/sticker logo? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Does anyone work in graphic design/photoshop to help make a blog/shirt/sticker logo?

It's been simmering in my mind for a while now, but I haven't had the time to collect my thoughts. Well, they are starting to collect, and the first step is to design a logo to be used everywhere. This is where I need your help, and I'm willing to pay as long as you aren't out to rip me off. Ha!

I have the image in my head and know the fonts to be used, as well as how I want everything laid out. I just don't have the ability to do it myself. If you are willing and interested, and have the time, please let me know so we can discuss the details.

I will fill everyone in on the history as time progresses, but for now, know this:

The project is called counterWULF and is a pro-dog/wolfdog/wolf conservation effort; basically anything connected to Man's Best Friend, to include ANCIENT Man's Best Friend: the Wolf. The project is inspired by my love of dogs, and the influence of Beowulf in my life, thus the WULF spelling instead of WOLF. The term "counter" has been with me since around 2001 when I did my own DIY punk rock fanzine called "Counterintelligence: An Outlet For Rebellious Expression." It was a free underground magazine that I would distribute and mail around the world. I think I gave out over 1,000 copies. In the music scene, I became known as "Counter Kevin" and thus the name "counter" stuck to me. I was known by it. When I started up my own record label, I named it Counterintelligence Recordings. It lasted from 2002-2008, working with, touring and managing 11 bands and releasing CDs all around the world.

The term "counterintelligence" first came to me in 1998 as I was listening to the Rage Against the Machine song "Wake Up" with the lyrics "Through counterintelligence it should be possible to pinpoint potential trouble-makers...and neutralize them, neutralize them, neutralize them." I had been a fan of RATM since 1991, but as I sat in my bedroom brainstorming ideas for a new 'zine, that song came across my stereo and the word "counterintelligence" lit the fire inside me for whatever reason. I took it and ran with it and have used "counter" for everything associated with me online and offline ever since. Everything I do has the "counter" title affixed to it, which to me means "anti" or "to go against." Anyways, that's enough insight for now...

Please help if you can! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by counter; 10-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 08:33 AM

umm, I have the programs and the time to play around with your ideas, although I am not sure if my style matches your mindset. Do you have a rough sketch? The hardest part of this process can be getting inside the mind of the person who is calling for the project. And often that person has no real idea of what they want until they see ideas "on paper".

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post
umm, I have the programs and the time to play around with your ideas, although I am not sure if my style matches your mindset. Do you have a rough sketch? The hardest part of this process can be getting inside the mind of the person who is calling for the project. And often that person has no real idea of what they want until they see ideas "on paper".
I haven't forgotten about this. I got put in bed for the last 2 days by the flu. This is my first time coming back to this forum to check for updates. I should be back to 100% by tomorrow. I think waking up at 4am the last few days to exercise the pups took a toll on my immune system. I gave them today off, but will hopefully be back on the trail tomorrow morning as long as I wake up feeling better!

And I totally get where you're coming from. I know how I want it to look. I'm actually going to use my old record label logo as a part of this. I have a close-up of Beowulf's eyes that I want inserted inside the logo, and I have some other ideas as well. I will have to find a high-res version of my old counterLOGO. But yeah, I am always open to allowing the artist to play with the imagery and coming up with some options to see if there is anything out there that I might like better than what I'm picturing in my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 09:51 AM

cool. you can send me a pm when ever you are ready.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Just a couple of ideas that are pretty low tech:

Picmonkey
Customink.com

They are free and will allow you to fool around with some designs.

Of course it is much better just to have someone who has photoshop help you.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page