My KING KAZE is a DIRE WOLF?!? These images remind me so much of the comparison. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

My KING KAZE is a DIRE WOLF?!? These images remind me so much of the comparison.

Yes, I'm at work and slightly bored at the moment, but I couldn't help but see my Kaze in this Dire Wolf fossil image:

So I'm currently fascinated with the Dire Wolf through my wolf studies. I read and absorb all I can, and scroll through images, fossils and artwork. That's how I found the first image.

Kaze is my heart dog. He's the dog I've always wanted (no offense to my other dogs), even with his challenging OCD nature and (lack of) training issues caused by previous ownership. He might still be our ODIE (from Garfield), but he has come a LONG way in his training and calming of his spastic issues.

Funny to think that, as large as he is at 26" and 90 lbs, he is nearly half the size of the average Dire Wolf. I'm following the Dire Wolf Project in Oregon, where they are attempting to recreate dogs who look like Dire Wolves without the wolfy drives. Fascinating. I'd never own one, but some of them look cool. I'd rescue a wolf dog or pure wolf over a Tamaskan or Dire Wolf wannabe. Ha!

Anyways, yeah, boredom...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 01:59 PM

Wow. It's amazing how the positioning of the animals in the photos are SO alike.. No wonder it got you thinking. I find all of it so interesting.

P.S. Kaze, (quirky or not) is a total hunk!!!

Hundeliebhaber
Dedicated to Rescue
Pack:
Rudy 3 YO BLKnTan Melanistic GSD
Paige 1.5 YO Old BLK Malinois
Lola 7 YO JRT
Luna 4 YO Sable WLGSD
Bella 7 YO BLK Slver GSD RIP (Bloat)
Reggie and Ty at the bridge
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wild Bunch View Post
Wow. It's amazing how the positioning of the animals in the photos are SO alike.. No wonder it got you thinking. I find all of it so interesting.

P.S. Kaze, (quirky or not) is a total hunk!!!
Thanks! Kaze is my Big Dog Studd, without being a stud dog. Ha!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Crowned Member

Wow Kaze is very handsome and his stance looks very similiar to the dire wolf. Will have to do someone searching abot these wolves.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

And for the record: I've never seen even a second of Game of Thrones. I know it has Dire Wolves on the show though, and because of that, they have suddenly become very popular. I would probably like GoT (I enjoy wizards and swords and fantasy action stuff!), but I just don't have time, nor do we own a TV. Time spent with my family and dogs is more important then getting sucked in to a marathon addiction.

An image of what scientists believe the Dire Wolf looked like from (I think) the Page Museum and La Brea Tarpits in Los Angeles, CA:

My Dire Wolf necklace from Fire and Bone:

And my future $275 gift to myself for my Wulf Den (equivalent of a Man Cave) office desk, a life-size museum-quality resin replica Dire Wolf skull:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page