Pet Gate - Wide Span - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Pet Gate - Wide Span

HELP!!! I'm currently overrun with dogs. I have a weekend foster from a shelter that will be a regular and yesterday DH brought home a stray, who if the owner is not found we will at least be fostering until a home is found for her.

I have two spans in our very open floor plan that can be gated off. The problem is the one is 61" and the other is 71"

I need a gate tall enough that the youngest boxer can't just spring over it. Jax still won't jump so she doesn't concern me as much.

Any suggestions? I'm tempted to have my handy husband build doors but the dogs cry if they can't see us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
HELP!!! I'm currently overrun with dogs. I have a weekend foster from a shelter that will be a regular and yesterday DH brought home a stray, who if the owner is not found we will at least be fostering until a home is found for her.

I have two spans in our very open floor plan that can be gated off. The problem is the one is 61" and the other is 71"

I need a gate tall enough that the youngest boxer can't just spring over it. Jax still won't jump so she doesn't concern me as much.

Any suggestions? I'm tempted to have my handy husband build doors but the dogs cry if they can't see us.

Can he build maybe some kind of reinforced screen door that they can see through but can't get through. Years ago my husband built something like that to keep cats and dogs apart in our very first house.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Carlson-0941PW-Extra-Tall-Walk-Thru-White/dp/B000JJFNJK/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1361578566&sr=1-2&keywords=extra+tall+wide+pet+gate
http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Tall-Gate-Extension-24Inch/dp/B001BS43RG/ref=pd_bxgy_petsupplies_img_z
These are the gates I use (3 of them currently!) and no one has been able to jump it yet. You've probably seen them. They have extenders you can get to extend it - gate is 40 in and extender is 24 in.

Jamie

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

yep there was one between your livingroom and bedrooms when I was there. how adjustable is it? The one space that those would work best is the 71". The 61" might actually have to have a shorter one.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 09:16 PM

It's not that adjustable because it's full sections so it either fits or doesn't. There aren't like 1" increments it can be adjusted by.

Jamie

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page