How much time do you spend reading the forums? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Mog

How much time do you spend reading the forums?

I've been lurking around here for a year or so now and finally became a member in September. Now that I have chosen a breeder and we are picking up our pup in March, I have spent more time that I care to admit here. Or would ever consider telling my boss But... I have learned so much from the other members here, that I consider that time invaluable. I easily spent 6-8 hours a day reading through the forums, taking notes and trying to learn as much as I can, so that I can be the best handler I can for our new pup.

It's the information that I've found here and the thoughtful members helping with questions I post that has made me feel comfortable enough to pick out our new high drive pup And I want to say a big thank you! It really is a great community here.

And when we bring Maximus home, I'll try and keep the posts to a minimum

So how much time do you spend here?

Alex & Brianna (daughter)

Maximus - Male Sable - Born 7/14/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Elite Member

too much, but I am the boss..lol.

Get some good dvds and watch them now! You wont have time once puppy comes along! My favorites are : Micheal Ellis, Training with Food, Training with Markers, and Susan Garret , Crate Games..for starting out.

Max Von Zahnderhaus -CGC- DOB 2/14/2012
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tim the Collie- RN -DOB 4/01/2010
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM

Can I say that it depends on our bully stick inventory? I did what you did and read a ton before we brought him home, then popped off and on briefly to look up things as we ran into issues, but really didn't have much time. Now, I'm on here more often than I care to admit - he's in between crazy puppy and terrible teens so he's behaving himself recently (and I gave up facebook for Lent, so gotta replace that social media brain drain with something...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Elite Member

Too much according to the hubby and not enough according to me lol Honestly I check it out periodically so maybe 5 to 6 hrs a day
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to AnnieOver
About four hours a day
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessac View Post
Can I say that it depends on our bully stick inventory? I did what you did and read a ton before we brought him home, then popped off and on briefly to look up things as we ran into issues, but really didn't have much time. Now, I'm on here more often than I care to admit - he's in between crazy puppy and terrible teens so he's behaving himself recently (and I gave up facebook for Lent, so gotta replace that social media brain drain with something...).
Haha that's like me I gave up FB not for lent just b/c I got tired of it and this is like my fb just with dogs rather then some of my idiot friends... I find the dogs more interesting anyhow
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Too much, but I am an ADMIN on two boards so I have to spend the time.

I spend some time on FB, but not much. It is too slow for me and I get tired of the site locking up.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM

I read alot on here i like it have learned alot from all the dog lovers on here

My pack

Cadie Belle Von female GSD

Maximus Shadow von Male GSD
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM

Week days usually about an hour or so, weekends is a different story usually 2-3-4 hours a day depends on the weather.

APRIL

NIKO-9-12-02
12-17-13

GUNNER-11-07-13
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Elite Member

I try to check in every day for a bit. I probably read more than I post. I've been on here a long time and still enjoy it.

I guess maybe .30 mins. a day.

Izzy's Mom
R.I.P. 11-8-2000 - 10-27-2013
You will always be in my heart

Beverly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page