To those who use PEDIGREEDATABASE.com: PLEASE HELP! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

To those who use PEDIGREEDATABASE.com: PLEASE HELP!

I haven't logged on in over 4 years, so I don't remember my name/password. It allows me to reset my password, but it sends it to whatever email I used at the time of registration. I searched through all of my active email accounts and I haven't received any password reset. When I go to pedigreedatabase to find a way to ask them for help, the only option I find is the Live Chat, but you have to be logged in to access it. I want to change Nara's pic, but can't log in to do it. If you guys know how to contact someone from the site to help me reset my password, please let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Maybe you could register as another user and ask the question on their forum--I realize you have to be in as the original user to change the pedigree info but maybe someone there knows the answer.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Crowned Member

I would make a new user. A while back they threatened to wipe out people with more than one username. Well I have two and nothing happened to either of mine (I even notified them which one I'd been using so they could remove the other). Also, anyone can change a pedigree. Only the original user can *delete* it. Post a link to the dog and the new photo and I can change it.

Coke (All-American 7/7/06)
Nikon (GSD 9/7/08)
Indy (All-American 5/10/12)
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thanks for the info! Why would they let anyone change a pedigree? It seems like people could go in and tamper with things and disrupt the accuracy of the info/photos. That's strange.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Crowned Member

Sometimes they do!

It's not meant to be the "official" registration. Many times people have valid info about dogs or need to fill in missing dogs. I've done updates for several dogs I know personally because the owners forget or can't figure it out.

Coke (All-American 7/7/06)
Nikon (GSD 9/7/08)
Indy (All-American 5/10/12)
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Yeah, that's crazy. I know that, if I post Nara's info/pics, I wouldn't want some stranger going in and switching the pic without my permission. I'm sure it doesn't happen much, and it hasn't happened to Nara (yet). Ha.

Thanks for your help so far. I'll figure out which pic I want to upload and either contact you or register under a new name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page