Progress - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Progress

I wasn't sure where to put this. It has something to do with dogs and german shepherds, but it's a progress thread.

Things are really coming together in my life. I am attempting to get into a tech program at a community college in the state. If I get accepted into the program, I will go full speed ahead in graduating. It will take two more years, but it will be totally worth it. The career makes good money and is flexible about schedule. I feel like it would be a good career for me. I will know in June if I got in.

Once I graduate and become certified, I will look at a home and owning a dog. I know in the past I wanted to become a sibe breeder, but that's waning and the waning is lasting a long time. I've been doing a lot of thinking and reading and studying and yes I did love my first siberian, but I'm beginning to think that may not have been the right breed for me. I now know the way she was wasn't because she was a puppy or etc, but because she was truly a siberian. I think back to when I had her and how upkeeping her was so hard for me. I would get out of class, walk her, train her, and feed her. Three times a day, 45 minutes - an hour each walk. It wore me out. I know another factor I need to look at is I was a full time college student, but in time I will decide.

I've wanted a german shepherd for a long time, I wanted one before I got my sibe. I do want to own a german shepherd someday and with the desire to own or breed sibes dimenshing, it's looking more and more like the next dog I will own will be a german shepherd.

I am taking my time with this. When I secure a job and income, I will look at where I am at and the breeds that I am interested in. I do know I want to own a german shepherd someday. Who knows, I may end breeding german shepherds like I wanted to do a long time ago?

In the mean time, while going through college, I will come around this forum. To help others and to continue to learn about this breed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 08:49 AM

goodluck.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you.

I joined back in 2010, but I feel like I am getting closer to owning a GSD one day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:51 PM

I think you have a great plan, I know the 'waiting' can be hard, but I believe you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
I think you have a great plan, I know the 'waiting' can be hard, but I believe you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to
Thank you.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Elite Member

With Puppy, it's the same thing as owning that sibe. I spend ALL my free time walking her. We are also on 2 hours of exercise a day, plus training, feeding, grooming, etc. The challenges you experienced with your last dog will still be there, but I'm sure in a couple of years you'll feel more equipped to handle these challenges.

Good luck on your schooling and career.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Adventures and Dog Product Reviews-
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Crowned Member

I like your plan and admire your determination and grit. You'll go far in this life.

I'm a bit older than you (I'm 30) but I'm back in school full time, working part time, trying to keep up a house and a husband. . . and Kopper pretty much takes up every thing else.

I'm interested to hear how it works out with your school and what career you end up pursuing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you guys for wishing me good luck! I'll be sure to let you guys know how things go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page