Happy news for Ziva! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Talking Happy news for Ziva!

I couldn't be happier to be writing this post! If you've followed my posts then you know it wasn't too long ago we were looking to re-home Ziva. We came within a day of packing her things and just couldn't do it. I cried and cried and just couldn't imagine not having her as part of our family..there had to be another way. So off I went to the pet store for some first-aid stuff, a cone collar and some toys/treat. My plan was to stop her from chewing,heal her wounds like a vet might, and teach her that it's okay to be alone and that she truly is part of our pack. We rearranged her schedule (and mine) to give her more family time. Until now I was cleaning her wounds,loving on her of course and playing with her but this was all-out war on getting her healed on all fronts at any cost. I owed it to her to think outside the box and exhaust every option I hadn't thought of. Until now I've done everything I knew to do and not getting far..new food, more training,chewing prevention and more freedom.Nothing worked. So armed with a new plan I set off! I met up with the manager of the store and she directed me to their trainer and we set up a meeting and ruled out food allergy from the signs and the fact she had made drastic improvements from a food change already and was still making sores. It just so happened to be time for Ziva's shot so we had her take a look at her ears and feet too, maybe she had ideas no one else had. (Just to be clear, the she was at the vet she hadn't done this damage so there was nothing to inspect.She only had a rash that we attributed to her coming heat.) We(our family,the trainer and store manager) had every reason to believe it was behavioral. Turns out Mrs. Ziva has a systemic yeast infection! Once we learned about it made complete sense! So now she's on meds for the next few weeks and working towards an all natural BARF diet. No amazing overnight transformation but it's nice to know that there's relief in sight! I can't even tell you how happy I was to hear that her misery wasn't because she felt unloved..she's far from unloved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Oh that's great to truly know what was happening. Congrats.

Mariel

Dogs can't make their dreams come true so people have to.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Elite Member

I love happy stories. This also illustrates that we should keep looking if we can, and try our best for our dogs. That's not to say that re-homing a dog is wrong, but there are plenty of times it doesn't have to happen. I'm so very happy that it is working out for you!!

My Dog: Krissie ~ Beagle Mix Extraordinaire 09/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page