Dyson DC25 on Woot for $250, should I go for it? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Dyson DC25 on Woot for $250, should I go for it?

I had a similar thread a week or so ago and was going to buy one of their refurbed dysons but they were all sold out when I got home. My question is similar. This one is a regular DC25 and not the Animal version but I heard the only difference was the attachments. How do these compare the the DC28's? Can anyone recommend this vacuum from personal experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Dude, go for it. I got last year's model of the dc25 on clearance at Target, and it was the best money I've spent setting up my house. It's kind of scary how much fur it picks up, and I vacuum twice a week!

Yes, the only difference between that and the "animal" version is one attachment, which you can get on Amazon for usually around $40 if you really want it (it's the turbine head for the wand). I haven't bothered - the attachments it came with are sufficient to meet my needs -- I don't have a broom, I use the vacuum on both carpet and the (gunky, old, 70's contractor-grade) linoleum, as well as on my couch, mattress, to clean windowsills, blinds...

It's a little annoying that the bin is small - my 805 sq. ft. apartment generally fills the bin twice (mostly carpet). But it's getting the dirt out! And it's bagless, so it's not costing anything to empty it frequently.

Do it!! Totally worth it when you have dogs!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Crowned Member

I have the DC14 Animal that I got refurbed on woot years ago and so far have not been impressed enough with the newer models to trade up. I vacuum every other day, sometimes every day, including hauling it outside and cleaning my dog van once a week and it's still running like new. The DC14 has more suction, more waste bin capacity, and a longer cord than the DC25 (and all other models in between). It has more than twice the bin capacity of the DC25 and is only 2lbs heavier. It is narrower and 2" taller. All other aspects are the same. It seems Dyson has geared the newer models in favor of lighter weight/smaller size and better maneuverability; however I just want a workhorse of a vacuum and have no problems maneuvering the DC14 or cleaning three floors of my house and my van. More weight = better suction.

Compare Dyson Vacuum Cleaners

http://vacuumcleanerreviewszone.com/...nimal-260.html

Last edited by Liesje; 03-06-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 PM

I bought my dyson this past black friday on sale and I love it. I have 2 huskies and a GSD.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Master Member

I paid about $350 for a new Dyson at Walmart about a year ago. Not an animal Dyson but it works very well in picking up dog hair and I have to vacuum daily with 2 GSD in the house. Rey thinks it's a game and attacks it, so mine now has chew marks on it. Sheesh. I have to put her up when I vacuum before she "kills" the Dyson.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 PM

I have the DC21 Stowaway. Most amazing vacuum I have ever used. Even though it's not an animal model I have no complaints. It still picks everything up on the first run over!!!
Well worth the money spent!! I will never purchase another brand of vacuum!!!

Vegas GSD (August 9, 2011)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 AM

I cant afford a Dyson so I got a Eurika ... works well for me and costs 1/3 of the price of a dyson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page