At what age was your dog half his/her adult weight? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

At what age was your dog half his/her adult weight?

If anyone can recall I was interested in knowing how old your pup was when they weighed approx half their adult weight. For instance..if your dog is 80 lbs. How old when they were 40 lbs.

Im intersted so i can get a feel of how big Tazor may get. He just weighed in at 58.9 lbs and hes not quite 4.5 months. He is approx 24" in height.

I know they all grow at dif rates, thats why i would love to see more than one answer.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Knighted Member

Jazz is 80 pounds and was 40 pounds at 5 months of age.

Jazz, Shiloh Shepherd, 5 yrs old, CGC HIC
Bunny, GSD X, 7.5 years old
Old 03-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

4.5 months
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Elite Member

Cheyenne was half her weight at 4.5 months

-Jessica

Cheyenne von der Price-Sable GSD-12/20/10-CGC
Faegan vom Johnson-Haus "Panzer"-Black GSD-12/31/11-S.T.A.R. Puppy
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Elite Member

around 4 months sounds perfect. Jinx grew like a weed and hasn't gained more then 3-4 lbs since she was about 5-6 months old she's grown and weight has shifted but that's about it.

Jinx vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmeshx2 View Post
around 4 months sounds perfect. Jinx grew like a weed and hasn't gained more then 3-4 lbs since she was about 5-6 months old she's grown and weight has shifted but that's about it.

That would be great if he would slow down, I worry about his joints.. I'm hoping he isnt way oversized but it seems he is leaning that way. I dont know his parents size as I saved him from a breeder putting him to sleep for vomit, dia, at 8 weeks.

Thanks so much for responding...everyone!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Looks like I'm in for a guy who's a bit out of standard. He's about 45-50 pounds and 4.5 months right now. All of his litter mates (males anyway) outweigh him by at least 15 pounds though. Maybe I've got the runt.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Crowned Member

Kopper was 40lb at 4.5 months. He's currently 75lb and very immature looking-- slab-sided, lanky, no chest or shoulders at all. I expect him to mature at 80 or slightly above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Crowned Member

I agree -Stosh was 4-5 mos at his half weight
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Elite Member

I wouldn't freak out too much. Everyone thought Jinx was going to be huge at the rate she was growing she was 65-70 lbs by 5-6 months she was a bit overweight but wasn't really fat however after about 6 months she stopped putting on weight and balanced out really well and still right around 70 lbs at 16 months. We did have issues with Pano and I really worried about her joints also but so far she seems good and finally seems to have outgrown the pano issues. I wouldn't freak out quite yet and I know how hard it to do over say because she was easily gaining 5+ lbs each week and just grew like a weed but she didn't substantially slow down in just a few short months.

Jinx vom Wildhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in