Need someone to take care of my puppy for 2days.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Need someone to take care of my puppy for 2days..

Can anyone recommend a good boarding facility in the Irving,TX area? I need someone to take care of my 4month old puppy for 2days. I am worried about leaving him in a standard boarding facility locked up in a crate as he is too young and not used to being alone(I stay at home and always with him). Anyone who takes in pets into their home(boarding) please let me know. My puppy is housebroken and very friendly with other dogs and people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Master Member

Does your vet offer a boarding option? I know my vet also has a boarding business and the babies live the staff over there.

Jocko

King CKC GSD (he shall always be remembered)
Willie Collie Mix 7 yrs old
Sarge White GSD 7 yrs old
Blitz Von Vormund AKC DN28154--- 2 yr old
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Crowned Member

I never heard of a boarding facility that keeps their clients in crates. Why don't you ask people who have dogs in your area where they take their dogs or what pet sitters they use?

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
I never heard of a boarding facility that keeps their clients in crates.

Ours does. Although technically we keep the dogs in crates, not the clients . The dogs all sleep in crates at night and during the lunchtime nap. The rest of the day they are out and about in the park with us.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Elite Member

I'm in lewisville. I can't watch him. Mine have a medical issue that I'm treating. I would talk to your vet or boarding facility in your area. If you need more help PM me. Ok I can help you. I have a member in flower mound that can.

Otto Blk GSD 02/23/10
Circe Blk Sable GSD 06/22/08
My fur babies!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DanielleOttoMom; 02-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Knighted Member

ME!!!!!!!!!!

I will take him, Koda will have a nice playmate for a couple of days. Is he up to date with all his shots?

I will not be responsible if your Zorro comes home pooped all out week, Koda loves to play all day long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSA- PDC
Rest in Peace my boys
Zeus 2000-2009
Odin 2010-2011
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Elite Member

Josie is awesome!!!!
She is my GSD BFF.
I totally trust her. She is who I would have watch my dogs.

Otto Blk GSD 02/23/10
Circe Blk Sable GSD 06/22/08
My fur babies!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 06:38 PM

I second Danielle. Josie is awesooome. xD

Vom Anfang German Shepherds

Daenerys vom Eisenherz
Djali vom Anfang
Resident Belgian Malinois Cairo van Dallas K9

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie/Zeus View Post
ME!!!!!!!!!!

I will take him, Koda will have a nice playmate for a couple of days. Is he up to date with all his shots?

I will not be responsible if your Zorro comes home pooped all out week, Koda loves to play all day long.
Thats soo wonderful!!!! My husband got a job in Fort worth and we will be staying in Irving. We are actually moving from Cleveland,OH and we are yet to find a good vet. We will be staying in my brother-in-law house for 2days and then moving in to our new place with Zorro. Brother-in-law family are anti-pet people and suggested we leave him in the yard/Garage while our stay there. No way I am doing that...
Josie, Please PM me your contact number and will call u asap. The dates will be March 2nd and 3rd. I am sure Zorro will love to play with Koda...he loves dogs and wont even miss me

Zorro is 15weeks now and he will be having his Rabies shot next week. He is upto date with all his other shots. He is housebroken and friendly with people and dogs. He has not yet had any encounter with a cat before but I guess he will do good if you have one. He just ignores the cat we see everyday during our walk.

Last edited by zorroGSD; 02-20-2012 at 03:01 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
I never heard of a boarding facility that keeps their clients in crates. Why don't you ask people who have dogs in your area where they take their dogs or what pet sitters they use?
I got a number from the internet and called them..they said he will be in an enclosed area (1dog per pen) and will be let out twice daily for potty. Extra charges if I want them to play with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page