Are You and Your Dog(s) Alike? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Are You and Your Dog(s) Alike?

Sinister ~ We are both somewhat lazy, we enjoy laying around watching tv, we both have separation anxiety from each other, we both like green veggies and we like going to the beach, we both love other dogs, we both love my mom.

Malice ~ We are both bossy, stubborn and PITA's, we both have A.D.D., we both get bored easily, we like to cuddle, we both like our space and we are both somewhat independent.

In what ways are you and your dog(s) alike?

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SamanthaBrynn
Casper and I are alike in that we love to sleep and cuddle - only when we want to. He's a devoted dog and I'd like to think that I'm a devoted friend to people.

Callie and I are alike in the fact that we are both goofy and fun lol

Samantha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Callie (GSD) Born May 24, 2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Casper (Mix) 7 years
My goal is to someday be the person my dogs think I am.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Crowned Member

I'm like Aiden in the way that we both have "separation anxiety" from each other as well. We both assume that we are doing things the wrong way and are very hard on ourselves. And we are both relatively unwelcoming of strangers and can read people pretty well. We both love pizza and snuggling with Jake. OH, and Schutzhund of course!

I do think he is more like my boyfriend, Jake, in every other aspect. They're goofy, but sensitive. Very smart and learn new things fast and easily. Athletic and light on their feet. They both love watching our reptiles for hours. They remind me quite a bit of each other.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Crowned Member

Hondo - we both seem to know an inside joke in no matter what happens around us. Takes a great deal to get us riled up, but when we are watch out! We both like affection but on our own terms and when we don't want it we don't have to have a reason why.

Tug - nobody can really figure us out. Just when they think they have, they'll realize they were wrong.

Maggie - When we're tired, we'll sleep. The world can come crashing down around us and although we'll wake up and check it out, we'll go back to sleep because we weren't finished with our nap.

Hondo Von Dopplet L Bauernhof "Hondo"- GSD
Lilie's Tug McGraw "Tug" - Golden Retriever
Maggie - Mini Dachshund (Rescue)
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Knighted Member

Molly - Super affectionate and loyal to a fault. ADHD!
Cooper - Still thinking on that one! PIA perhaps

Miss Molly Moo (aka The Piranha/The four legged Mouth) GSD 31/10
Raennik Hassan (Cooper) GSD 19/10/11
Paris Tabby Cat 15 years
Texas Tabby Cat 15 years
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Crowned Member

I forgot - the one thing I have in common with all my dogs is that we all like our beef rare!

Hondo Von Dopplet L Bauernhof "Hondo"- GSD
Lilie's Tug McGraw "Tug" - Golden Retriever
Maggie - Mini Dachshund (Rescue)
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Knighted Member

My male and I mesh really well because he is a lot like me. We are both aloof, reserved till we get to know someone, goofy as heck after we become friends, mean what we say/do, motivated, LOVE to work, have an on/off switch and are easy to calm down. We can be killers out in the world, but are very happy to veg at home.

My girls remind me of me when I was a teenager. Crazy, wild, frantic, always needing attention and reassurance. The girls simply HAVE to be doing SOMETHING always. They have to be poking me with their snouts, initiating play, whining, asking to go out, asking for food, complaining, moody, fighting etc etc etc. I have to put the girls away if I need quiet time. Whiskey is content with chilling when I tell him to, the girls obey my "relax" command for 10 mins before starting their old mischief.

I want my next female to be a serious dog that is very aloof and reserved. I don't want any more frantic, needy, Golden-type personalities I think I've outgrown that stage of life!

Ash

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Crowned Member

Stosh is like my husband in a lot of ways. They're not aggressive but don't take crap off of anybody and even though they might look intimidating, they're big softies on the inside.

The way Stosh is like me is if something has no direct impact on us we consider it none of our business and ignore it. We both love herding and hiking in the woods no matter what the weather and don't feel the need to have any more friends. We both get the frizzies when it rains
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Crowned Member

Titan and I are alike in the sense we both are active and want to constantly be doing things. We love the beach, new people and new dogs.

Athena and I are both very stubborn and pigheaded. We both are very very independent and want to do things our way. We both are cuddle bugs and love to relax in the evenings.

v/r,

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan (GSD)-15 Jan 2010
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Crowned Member

Echo is me in dog form. Friendly, desperate to please, cautious, needs constant work to maintain confidence. Very vocal. A snuggle bug. Really hard working, but loves to veg out. Loyal to a fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page