A Pit showed up in my yard last night - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

A Pit showed up in my yard last night

and also about it being starved.

This pitbull was pb and had the ears cropped, oh gawd it was beautiful but saddly, it was malnutrients. The spine was very much visibly shown and so weak in the eyes you could tell.
I don't know how this dog got into my fence unless he dug his way in. I walked around the yard today and didn't see any holes unless someone purposely thrown he/she over the fence.
I had bella and hachi in the house, it was around 12am when i heard barking. Bella and Hachi were going crazy about the pit being in the yard and PLEASE DON"T TAKE THIS OFFENSIVELY I was scared to walk outside because i did not know the temperment of this dog. I don't if it had been abused, it didn't look like it was a dog fighting dog you know.
So my boyfriend steps outside opens the gate and tries to scare off and have it go back home. The dog just wagged it tail and followed Josh to the porch and just sat there. MY dad was asleep at this time, but i had to wake him up and tell him there was a pitbull in the yard. He got up went outside and WAS going to shot it, but he couldnt LOL he got the aww teary eyed about the dog and the way it looked on the outside. I couldn't feed because if i did it would have stayed and Bella and Hachi would have tagged teamed it I couldn't take a chance on that and sure didn't call the cops because they would have shot it on the spot just because it was a Pit, But whoever it belonged too, sure did waste the money getting its ears cropped instead of feeding it. It had a collar and a small piece of rope hanging from it. I don't condomn tieing a dog up if necessary as long as you are taking it on walks, feeding, giving it a warm nice dog house and plenty of water. I understand some situations that would cause you to have to tie the dog up. I had too for awhile, but once my situation was fixed I brought them inside the house with me.
Anyways
I posted a thing on Topix, if anyone knows anything about that site. I don't get on there because it is site for trouble, grossiping no good trash talking. I didn't know how else I was suppose to let ppl know about the pit considering around where I live every1 is on Topix.
I broke down in tears over this dog. I went outside an hour later and it was gone. I was like where did that dog go?!?!? the gates were closed.
So once again Im clueless on how the dog got in and got out. Which to be honest he/she was so skinny he could slither underneath it with no problem at all.
SO i posted about the dog on topix and politely told who ever owns or knows the owner to please tell them to get their dog before it ends up killed and to please feed it and they couldnt i linked them a website for a pitbull rescue down in Lagrange Kentucky to send it there or find someone to love and feed it at least.

Hopefully i did right by that... I personally would have kept the dog if i already didn't have two dogs. It seemed ppl friendly I just don't know about if it was dog aggressive.

Do you think I did the right thing?!?!?!?

R.I.P "Warrior"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Died: Sept 8, 08
R.I.P "Hachi" (2011-2012)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P "Bellabug"

Died: October 14, 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior09 View Post
I broke down in tears over this dog. I went outside an hour later and it was gone. I was like where did that dog go?!?!? the gates were closed.
So once again Im clueless on how the dog got in and got out. Which to be honest he/she was so skinny he could slither underneath it with no problem at all.
Maybe it was a wandering spirit...

On a serious note, I think you did the right thing. If it was in a fenced in yard, I would've contacted rescues or someone to get the poor dog. I'm surprised it disappeared unless it can jump 20 ft into the air.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

LOL i thought the same thing, wandering spirit. Since Josh and my dad seen also, then I guess im not the crazy one either.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

I seriously think were it was so skinny, it was able to slide underneath the fence/gate with no problem.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

I couldnt call animal control anyways because they is no leash laws were i live. So pets or whatever are allowed to roam freely.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

I just wish they would have fed the poor thing you know.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

I think you made the right call.

We had a Shiba Inu show up at our house in a horrible thunderstorm. I tried to get a look at his tags, but he was so freaked out he took off. We worried about him all night. The next morning, I opened the front door and he raced into our house! I was afraid our dog would go beserk, but she just looked at him with a sort of puzzled expression. THEN I was afraid he'd pee in the house to mark territory. Long story short, he turned his nose up at dog food! I knew he was someones beloved pet. We fed him scrambled eggs instead (Paige was a tad miffed). On our way to take him to our vet to see if he was chipped, a woman stopped us and asked if it was our dog. She said a man had been driving around for the better part of the night looking for a shiba inu. He pulled up right behind us and the dog was quite happy to see him. Turns out, he WAS a rescue who was quite an escape artist.

Your little Pit visitor sounds like he was NOT a rescue, but a terrified, starved escapee. I hope someone finds him and treats him well...

Scarlett WGSD 2/07 CGC TDI(retired)
Paige Husky/GSD mix 2/95-12/08

If you are going through hades, keep going!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

I do too. I really would have kept the dog if I didn't have bella and hachi. I don't have kids, so i wouldn't have to worry about it not be tolerate of children so that would give me a plus on training it one on one without getting distracted. I love pits, i think they are beautiful I just didn't know anything about this one which like i said ive never seen it around here and it looked very scared, it being scared would have escalated to a dog fight if Bella and Hachi were outside also or just the wrong touch to the dog would have caused it to bite. So i stayed in the house but did occasionally walk to the front door, bc it stayed right there and would not budge then finally an hour later ITS gone.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Well my ghostly pit didn show up again but hey its cool just as long as some1 is treating him well.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page