"if no one adopts these puppies...." - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

"if no one adopts these puppies...."

"by 230, they're going to the pound. $30 each, blue heeler/black mouth cur mix"

...I want to tear my hair out. I asked if the money was going to go to spaying/neutering the dog, and she said it was none of my business (which I guess it's technically not), and if I wasn't going to buy a puppy to leave her alone....Our shelters are beyond full, even the ones who euth. And all she did to help find homes was post on facebook. No craigslist, no tradeo (radio ad), no nothing. UGH.

Sheldon (WGSD) 5/20/2011
Oliver (ball python) 10/10 (gotcha day)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Crowned Member

Blue heeler/blackmouth cur is an AWESOME mix for working rough cattle in rough country. Too bad most of them will end up on a chain in somebody's yard. Or dead in the shelter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

We don't have much cattle around here, it's all sheep. We do have rough country though. I'm just sad that people here will just breed their animals and when they can't find homes before they're 8 weeks old, they send them to the pound, only to breed again. *facepalm*

Sheldon (WGSD) 5/20/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Crowned Member

If you know this person, you might suggest they post the puppies for sale at the feed store. Seriously, a rancher who works with dogs might give a hundred bucks for one. They might hold on to them a little longer if they see potential profit in it.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Crowned Member

what is a black mouth ??
I have a friend who has a 1,000 acre spread, grass fed beef , organic hog , free range chickens on 300 acres and 700 acres for growing market vegetables and primarily hay and silage - corn / grains.
We were talking about some kind of dog good to work around his cattle .

Carmen
Carmspack Working German Shepherd Dogs
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Crowned Member

Carmen, I'm sorry I have to leave, but do a google search for blackmouth cur. They bring toughness and intensity when bred with traditional sheep herding dogs. Makes a good, tough, rough herding dog that is needed for rougher cattle in rougher country.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Knighted Member

Well goodness. That is such a reasonable deadline to find homes for a litter of 8 week old puppies that you have made absolutely NO effort to find homes for (insert sarcasm eye roll smiley here).

You are nicer than I am because what I would have responded with would probably get me banned from here and certainly would not have gone over well with the owner of the litter. I will say this, I hope Karma gets her and gets her bad.

Debbi-
Mom to:
-Dharma Van Fluffy Pants GSD
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmasMom View Post
Well goodness. That is such a reasonable deadline to find homes for a litter of 8 week old puppies that you have made absolutely NO effort to find homes for (insert sarcasm eye roll smiley here).

You are nicer than I am because what I would have responded with would probably get me banned from here and certainly would not have gone over well with the owner of the litter. I will say this, I hope Karma gets her and gets her bad.
agreed xP I had to bite my tongue, and only because I'm friends with her sister. Karma has it's way, so we'll hope she gets what she deserves.

Sheldon (WGSD) 5/20/2011
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
If you know this person, you might suggest they post the puppies for sale at the feed store. Seriously, a rancher who works with dogs might give a hundred bucks for one. They might hold on to them a little longer if they see potential profit in it.
I posted to tell her to take them there...hopefully she will

Sheldon (WGSD) 5/20/2011
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Crowned Member

I am SO frustrated with people selling their oops litters on Faebook, Craig's List, Kijiji, etc. I see all manner of idiocy that makes me worry as much about the dogs they still have as I do about where the puppies are going.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page