How do you irritate your pup? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

How do you irritate your pup?

So I have a knack for irritating the heck out of my babies - doesn't matter how much I love them, I will still find some little thing to annoy them.

When Alex is just laying there, I like to slowly put my fingers in-between her paw pads, gently. She tolerates it for a few seconds before grunting and kicking out in frustration. This usually causes her to roll over so I can't reach her and those little golden eyes staring at me as if to say "really, mom?"

I also like to barely touch the tip of her tail fluff and make her tail twitch. I inevitably, again, get those eyes staring at me.

I also like to sit on her Lamb Chop stuffed animal (her FAVORITE) and 'hide' it from her. She gets so frustrated that she usually ends up grunting and 'talking' until I release it for her.

No worries, though. I never do anything that will hurt my babies or upset them. Just enough to pester them. It all usually ends up with me being pelted with lots of kisses to the cheek and tails wagging in a blur.

What kinds of things, if any, do you do to irritate your dog? Or am I the only crazy one that does this...

Lauren, proud owner of:
Alexandria ("Alex") - GSD (June 9, 2010)
Dixie - Russian Blue Cross (June 1, 2009)
Isabel - Chihuahua (March 14, 2009)
Mar - Tabby (Summer 1998 - January 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 PM

I do the same with the pads also lightly rub the inside of her ear.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
cta
Master Member

i peek at him from behind a door at him and say "boooooo" he tilts his head and gives me a big "rarrrrrrf" followed by him hopping around like a bunny. it sure riles him up. probably annoys him at some level because i do it a few times before we actually start to play. see...i'm crazy too

Chobahn 3/26/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." -Woodrow Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Elite Member

I love to take off running and hide in the house and call for him. It's also fun to hide under a blanket and yell GHENGI GHENGI GHENGI!!!! He freaks out if he can't get to me

Laura

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Tinah vom Gildaf- DDR 4/29/13
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Master Member

Haha!! Scarlett loves to crawl up on my lap when I'm on the couch or in bed and without fail this makes me feel compelled to bug her I'll play with her paws as well and tickle her toes. Sometimes I'll play with her whiskers. It drives her bonkers but she still loves to climb up to be with me
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Master Member

Stand on her Kong.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Crowned Member

I have been known to throw snowballs at Echo. Not hard, obviously, just toss them. He loves to catch them, but he gets all wiggly and in super-play mode if I throw them at him when his back is turned. I accidentally got him when he was pooping once Otherwise I'll stand on his squeaky football so that it squeals for a really long time as it re-shapes...he geeks out.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Crowned Member

I like to tickle his feet, blow on his face when I'm eating something(he starts licking the air), and just barely touch the fur on the tips of his ears enough for him to flick them in annoyance.

I'm a brat .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Crowned Member

I don't really pester or annoy my animals... I do much, much worse things like... sleeping in an extra hour on Sundays. Don't worry, they get me back for it.

Oh wait, I guess I do sometimes pester my cats... When they are cuddling with me, all sleepy, they always act surprised when they yawn and find my finger in their mouth.

I also like to put my kitten in a grocery bag and carry him around. Does it count as "annoying" if they like it?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Vegas is really annoyed with us right now because he is on kennel rest. We take the top and the door off of his kennel when we are home so he still feels like he's part of the family but he will try and get out of his kennel. When we catch him and tell him to go back to bed he squirms back into his kennel and puts his head down between his front paws and sighs and give those eyes - I'm sure you all know the ones! And then he let's the groans and moans go and just stares with the eyes again. I know how hard it is to be on strict bed rest but it's only for his own good!

Other than that it's the usual stuff to annoy him - blowing on his face - this has gotten me a nice paw in the face (my own fault for getting too close) and making him sit and wait with manners before chowing down on his food - this can be pretty entertaining sometimes. He has such a personality!!!! But it just makes me love him more!!

Vegas GSD (August 9, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page