Lost both of my dog's tags! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Lost both of my dog's tags!

I really did it now-I ordered my dogs license through the mail in December and when they arrived I put the envelope up figuring that my DH could put the new ones on in January and I forgot all about it. Today my DH asked me where they are-and I looked everywhere and can't find them. So-do I have to go and order new ones again-if so they will give me a fine because the license have to be ordered by a certain deadline and I believe the deadline has passed-or if I call them and explain that I lost them will they look them up and give me a copy of the tags? Has anybody else here ever lost their dog tags?

*US Army Mom*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Crowned Member

You should either call or write/email and explain what happened. They may be able to give you a replacement and/or charge a smaller fee for a new one.

My city changed the licenses so instead of a real tag, it is a sticker you stick to the dog's rabies tag. The problem with that is if you have multiple tags on the collar they rub together... Bianca's license sticker was totally unreadable after a few months, and it was a 3-year license! I emailed them and they sent me a new one at no charge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Our city doesn't give 3 year licenses-you have to renew every year. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say. Kinda embarrassing though to explain how I lost not one but both tags! Hopefully I won't have to pay the full fee again-don't think they will charge me the penalty thinking it over because they must have all our info in the computer system and know that I already purchased this years tags.

*US Army Mom*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 PM

I just ordered my dog tags off of www.gotags.com got 2 of them for 1.95 each and paid 2.98 for shipping so all togather it was $6.something lol can't remember. Any design I wanted and whatever I want on it. they give you like 4-5 lines to put whatever.

R.I.P "Warrior"

Died: Sept 8, 08
R.I.P "Hachi" (2011-2012)

R.I.P "Bellabug"

Died: October 14, 2014
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Crowned Member

My city just recently started offering the 3-year license. Since they also recently started allowing 3-year rabies tags I guess they decided to do the licenses too. However expecting a sticker on the rabies tag to last 3 years is pretty ridiculous IMO!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior09 View Post
I just ordered my dog tags off of www.gotags.com got 2 of them for 1.95 each and paid 2.98 for shipping so all togather it was $6.something lol can't remember. Any design I wanted and whatever I want on it. they give you like 4-5 lines to put whatever.
I am talking about their license tag-the ones you get when you register them with your county.

*US Army Mom*

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Crowned Member

I think since the written record of your renewal is there there should be just a replacemnt fee.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagocanine View Post
My city just recently started offering the 3-year license. Since they also recently started allowing 3-year rabies tags I guess they decided to do the licenses too. However expecting a sticker on the rabies tag to last 3 years is pretty ridiculous IMO!
For sure, no way a sticker will last that long. We have had the 3 year rabies for a long time but having advanced to the 3 year license yet. Do they charge the yearly license fee times 3 for it then?

*US Army Mom*

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
I think since the written record of your renewal is there there should be just a replacemnt fee.
That would be great.

*US Army Mom*

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanshepherdlova View Post
For sure, no way a sticker will last that long. We have had the 3 year rabies for a long time but having advanced to the 3 year license yet. Do they charge the yearly license fee times 3 for it then?
Yeah the sticker thing is new, in fact I think they started the sticker (as opposed to an actual license tag) and the 3-year option at around the same time...

I checked their website, they call it an "emblem" instead of a sticker and it says the replacement fee is half of the regular license fee. I guess they only didn't charge me because I didn't lose it, it just wore out.

This is the 1 year license fees:
• Sterilized dog (neutered male, spayed female) .... $5.00
• Sterilized dog with a Chicago owner over age 65 .... $2.50
• Unsterilized dog .... $50.00
• Unsterilized dog with a Chicago owner over age 65 .... $5.00

For 3 year license you just multiply whichever applies by three. The license expires the same month as your rabies tag though so if you get a 1-year license but don't get it until way after your dog was vaccinated it won't last as long and you pay the same fee.

I'm not sure if they made any changes to make it last longer since we got it last. Bianca is actually due for a new one this month so I haven't gotten one for 3 years, it's possible they've improved on the sticker thing since then I guess.

Last edited by Chicagocanine; 02-01-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page