Eating sticks and leaves... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Eating sticks and leaves...

My need puppy LOVES eating sticks and leaves. I am pretty sure she thinks it's part of her diet. i am watchful of her when we are outside. if i see her gnawing on a stick or munching leaves I'll tell her no and give her a chew instead. she will chew on whatever i give her. well she is starting to be allowed outside for extended periods with my 2 y/o. so like an hour or 2 as eventually I would like to be able to leave both out while i go to work. anyways this morning her stool was 75% sticks and leaves. how can i fix this? or is it not uncommon and she'll grow out of it?

v/r,

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan (GSD)-15 Jan 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Knighted Member

You will have to keep an eye out to make sure your pup doesn't eat anything toxic! When Molly was a pup she totally stressed me out because she would eat everything outside leaves, sticks,paper, bugs you name it...
I would try to stop her most of the time but the little bugger was fast. As Molly got old this behavior stopped.

RIP Velcro 9years old (September 22, 2011)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Can't wait to meet you again!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss Molly May - born November 15th 2009
Mr. Max -born April11 2014
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Be careful of mushrooms, snagged one from Ciyah the other day. It was a rotten cap down under the leaves.

Currently:
Ruger Casa de Perros BH
Born 8-25-08
Ciyah vom Vogelbergblick BH
Born 11-5-11

RIP:
Jaz von Johnson-Haus BH SchH1
11-29-01 to 9-26-11
Victim of Hemangiosarcoma

Member:
Virginia Beach Schutzhund Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Been trying to really watch her but as you all know.. that's impossible 100% of the time.. lol. I don't allow it when I see it. all have in my backyard is dirt, leaves, and sticks. Lol.. landscaping wasn't a priority to my landlord. Haha. But I never had a problem withmy 2 year old, he likes sticks.. just on a different level.. the "throw it for me now pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!" level. haha.

v/r,

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan (GSD)-15 Jan 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in