Might eat crow? :) (Some of you will laugh at me) Is Bails part Pit? (pic heavy) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Might eat crow? :) (Some of you will laugh at me) Is Bails part Pit? (pic heavy)

I've made my feelings known about my concerns with Pits. Because in my area, most are scary. I'll leave it at that, but I've upset some people with that sentiment.

Ok, so... Bailey's mom is my son's pb WGSD, Lexus. Bailey's dad is his other dog, a Husky mix, Bentley.

I won't go into how *that* came about, long story.

As Bailey grows, I am more curious as to the sire's mix and I wonder if I am seeing some physical characteristics of a pit.

What do you think?

Mom, Lexus:

Dad, Bentley:

Their son, my dog, Bailey -- (taken tonight) :

????? ????? (This is all simply out of curiousity to me; I love ma boy no matter what mix he is. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Crowned Member

I don't see it. I see a husky profile in his head. But I don't see any bully breed.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Crowned Member

Nope. I don't see any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Elite Member

if I'm not mistaken you are probably "thinking" you see it in the forehead/eye area?

I can see the similarities but I don't think it's pit I just think it's the mix in him that are causing similarities

Plus being faced with eating crow will make anyone get paranoid haha

Jinx vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmeshx2 View Post
if I'm not mistaken you are probably "thinking" you see it in the forehead/eye area?

I can see the similarities but I don't think it's pit I just think it's the mix in him that are causing similarities

Plus being faced with eating crow will make anyone get paranoid haha
Yes, exactly, the forehead area.

I don't mind eating crow. I've eaten quite a bit of it in my life, I've grown used to the taste.

More than anything, I just wish I knew the sire's mix. The ears are too big for a Husky, the "slick" coat... what the HECK is HE? And he's fairly small, only about 60 lbs. Yet, the blue eyes and coloring... there's Husky somewhere in there.

As far as where Bentley, the sire, came from... my son said he answered a newspaper ad... went down into the "ghetto" and when he arrived, Bentley was running around *out in the street* and my son said he probably could have stolen him, no one was paying any attention. He said he couldn't stand that the pup was running free in the street and just *had* to buy him.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Crowned Member

I'd go with husky, but if you really want to know you can go to Petsmart and buy the DNA test. I did it for my mixed breed because it was driving me crazy for 6 years and I wasn't even close on what she was. After I found out of course then I could see all of the characteristics of the three breeds she is

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Crowned Member

It is possible that he could be mixed with some bully breed somewhere in his ancestry. I see some non-Husky look around the eyes/face there and it could be from a bully breed.

He reminds me a bit of my friend's Husky mix, who we do think has some pittie mixed in. Her ears are also too big for a Husky and we've speculated maybe ACD or GSD, but it is also possible that the ear shape could be from another breed where their ears aren't usually standing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory
I can't see the pictures...

# "Breed not a savage dog, nor permit a loose stairway." - Talmud
# "In my day, we didn't have dogs or cats. All I had was Silver Beauty, my beloved paper clip." - Jennifer Hart, Arlington

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Crowned Member

Maybe some kind of australian cattle dog?

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

yes, definitely Pit. he carries
the whitetus pitus bullus gene.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page