Dog treats - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Dog treats

I am thinking of starting a dog treat business. I wanted to know what size you all prefer for training treats and basic treats. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Banned

take a look at Zuke's. they have several
sizes of treats. keep in mind if you make
a large biscuit treat it can always be broken
down for a training size treat.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Crowned Member

As small as possible!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla
Small, thumb nail size
no wheat, no corn
not a hard crisp, easy to chew quick and keep going
strong liver or beef flavor
actually Woolf would love a duck flavor
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Crowned Member

Real small, like the tip of a pencil eraser. And very soft so they can just swallow it and continue on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 03:21 AM
Knighted Member

No grain, small, stinky, soft and easy to eat in one bite. Not too messy because I hate getting dog treats under my fingernails while training. I love the NB food rolls. I mix them with some cooked liver and that is like doggy crack. Only downside is that they are very messy.
Flavors: liver, tripe, duck, peanut butter

Ash

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Crowned Member

Not really a training treat, but the dog world needs a high percentage meat biscuit. Something similar to the size and consistency of a milk-bone, but is actually good for the dog.

Evo makes a product similar to what I'm talking about, but they're too small in size.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Crowned Member

These are my go-to treat --> http://www.amazon.com/Butler-NutriSentials-Lean-Treats-resealable/dp/B000A3SKDQ
They are very soft and smell strongly. They are much too big by themselves, but I break them into several small pieces and that works for me. They're very easy to break and don't crumble, either.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Banned

I like freeze dried treats. Pretty much anything as long as its all natural. My go to training treat is those Zuke's mini naturals. They are soft and smelly so the dog really reacts to them and gets just enough for one bite so its quick during training.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:45 PM

My favorite treats are tiny with lots of flavor. I buy a large log of treats and cut it into 1/4" pieces. I hate buying regular sized treat bags because I can go through them in a couple of days. Having more on hand is much better for me! Other than that, I like moist smelly treats. Dry treats are time consuming to train with and don't grab my dog's attention.

Just FYI, this is what I use. My little girl loves them! I believe it costs me around $10 a log, instead of $7 for a smaller bag of treats.

**** Van Patten's Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls

Gracie - GSD - May 3, 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page