Chicken Jerky safe? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Kaz
Banned

Chicken Jerky safe?

Chicken jerky recall 2011. Treats from China are making dogs sick! | Veterinary News

I just purchased two 48 oz bags. Is it safe to feed my dog this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM

If the treats were made in China I would toss the bag. Stella lovs Sprotten (litle fish) they come dried and boy she loves the crunch, great treat !! She also gets smoked sprotten (sprats) other than those her only treats are bits of cheese, prounounced cheeeese !! and her bully sticks!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Knighted Member

If you got it from Costco, just return it and tell them there's a recall. Buy Bully sticks instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSA- PDC
Rest in Peace my boys
Zeus 2000-2009
Odin 2010-2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM

Exclamation Treats Made In China

I am in dire need of your help. We just buried our beloved German Shepard of 12 years Sunday, thanks to a Chicken Jerky Treat that we purchased locally. The company is aware that these treats are killing our pets but they sit back and have done nothing about pulling their China made treats. When I called to complain a d find out their side of the story, they sent me and others to their Settlement Dept. I have audio available of that conversation!

All chicken jerky treats that are made in China and/or the ingredients are coming from China are poisoning our dogs causing illness & death in many healthy dogs after they have consumed these treats even while staying within the guidelines. The FDA knows there is a link but it is undetermined as to what that link may be. At the slightest doubt these products should have been recalled or at the very least a warning label put on all packaging. We are seeking the removal of these products from all store shelves or warning labels put on all packaging. No animal should ever have to die due to treats.

As of 1/3/12 the FDA has reported that the number of reports flooding in of sick and dying dogs has now reached into the hundreds, this is in addition to the 70 that was in its original warning on 11/18/11.

What I am asking of you is to help me make the public aware and perhaps forcing someone from theses companies to show interest and help us. *Myself and several others across the USA has joined forces and we are trying to get others aware on Facebook.*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page