What do you do that Probably Drives People Crazy? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

What do you do that Probably Drives People Crazy?

And I mean as in with your dogs.

I'm sure that me taking Ozzy everywhere just irks some people. Especially when we go to certain stores and I have to carry him. I hate carrying him, personally.... He's a dog, he can walk himself. But some places would prefer him to be carried, so I comply. (And I sure as **** ain't puttin' him in a purse!)

I also walk him off lead a lot. I'm sure this bugs a ton of people. He's got an amazing recall and isn't dog reactive. He wants to meet other dogs, but if I tell him 'no' or 'leave it,' he'll sit next to me and just watch the other dog. I watch him like a hawk when he's off-lead.

I know that the fact that he's allowed on the furniture as he pleases drives people nuts sometimes. He gets down when I tell him to, but he sleeps with me, watches TV with me, etc. He's my little cuddlebug.

What do you guys do with your dogs that probably bugs other dog owners?

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Knighted Member

The thing that seems to irritate people the most is that if we cannot bring Mac along, we generally won't go. And, if we do go, after a few hours I say, "Well, we gotta go, Mac is waiting at home." I get eye rolls and comments like "He'll be fine. He's a dog." I know he'll be fine but frankly we'd rather spend our free time with him than do anything else.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Crowned Member

It drives people (friends and family) nuts when I schedule my personal life around my animals. "What, go to a movie? Sure, but I have to be home before 6 to feed..." or "I didn't stop by because I had my dogs with me." or "Ok, let me get off the phone, the dogs are telling me it's time to go to bed."

Hondo Von Dopplet L Bauernhof "Hondo"- GSD
Lilie's Tug McGraw "Tug" - Golden Retriever
Maggie - Mini Dachshund (Rescue)
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Master Member

I bring Skylar everywhere with me.
I schedule stuff around Skylar, if she isn't aloud to come. All I talk about is Skylar. I'm sure it's annoying, but I don't have anything else to talk about
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Crowned Member

I think the worst part for me...is I go to bed really early - I try to be in bed by 8:30 pm. I get up at 4:00 am so I can take care of the horses & dogs etc. before I'm to be at work at 7:00 am. So during the week I rarely go anywhere with anybody...and it really upsets some folks.

Hondo Von Dopplet L Bauernhof "Hondo"- GSD
Lilie's Tug McGraw "Tug" - Golden Retriever
Maggie - Mini Dachshund (Rescue)
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Knighted Member

I don't know about other people but it drives my husband crazy that everything has to be scheduled around the animals. My horses are in my backyard so no matter what I have to feed am & pm. Theres a little flexability to feed early or a little late, but if we are out we always have to get home to feed or let the dogs out. Sometimes it works to our advantage if we don't really want to be somewhere.
I am sure some other people get annoyed with my conversations always being about critters.

Carolyn
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Wolfen - WGSD 12/31/14
Bull -WGSD 2-10-10
💔
Apache - Shiloh Shepherd 12/15/02 - 6/9/15
Kiya - Shiloh Shepherd 5/15/04 -12/19/25
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&Skylar View Post
..All I talk about is Skylar. I'm sure it's annoying, but I don't have anything else to talk about
All my husband and I talk about is Mac Its like he's our child. My husband calls during the day to see how Mac's doing and we talk about what Mac had for breakfast, how his poop looked, if he had any visitors, if we went for a car ride, what we worked on...etc. Then we do the same thing again when he gets home from work. Maybe we are crazy.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
I think the worst part for me...is I go to bed really early - I try to be in bed by 8:30 pm. I get up at 4:00 am so I can take care of the horses & dogs etc. before I'm to be at work at 7:00 am. So during the week I rarely go anywhere with anybody...and it really upsets some folks.
Your life sounds like mine! I never go anywhere during the week. I go to bed by 10pm I am up by 5am. I have to be at work by 8:30. Years ago I used to take my old horse & dogs out before work in the morning. It seems to get harder every year to do the things I used to do.

Carolyn
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Wolfen - WGSD 12/31/14
Bull -WGSD 2-10-10
💔
Apache - Shiloh Shepherd 12/15/02 - 6/9/15
Kiya - Shiloh Shepherd 5/15/04 -12/19/25
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Crowned Member

What Mac's Mom said is so true for me too. My husband travels a lot so friends kindly invite me out in the evenings so I won't be lonesome-- like Stosh isn't company! And when I do go out it's limited to how long he'll be home alone. So no 'hey let's go to Dallas for the day' trips for me.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM

I personally take my dog Beast with me everywhere it really gets to people if you call your dog, "Dog", or leave their poop in their yard. I wont lie Ive done that before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page