and they didn't even bark! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

and they didn't even bark!

Last night right after the super bowl we heard a noise outside. I turned to my husband and said I bet the trash can blew over.
I few seconds later I hear my husband yelling outside. I run out there to see this car ramming my sons car back and forth 4 times, then smashing through our carport!! My husband was banging on the car, and so was I, yelling at the guy to stop.
He then drives past me (almost hitting me) and speeds through the rest of our yard.
Damage incurred includes: my beautiful XUV fender smashed, my sons little car completely totaled, our $20,000 carport hanging to one side with 2 poles completely demolished.

Did my dogs bark??? nope, nothing!! ha ha
But if my neighbor starts her car or my other neighbor even sneezes outside, my dogs are inside in a barking frenzy LOL

Oh, they caught the person right away, turns out it was a 16 yr old kid, we knew his parents too! They came back over to access their sons destruction and it will all be fixed or replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Oh man! That's not something you want to experience in a night O.o
Good thing you got the person responsible right away.

The dogs probably thought you had it under control then :P

Feel free to add me on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Holy heck! That's pretty crazy. Glad no one was hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Crowned Member

If this was my kid, it would make my wonder what my son did that caused this? Sounds like the kid was out for revenge. Doesn't make it right. But we'd be having a long talk and "I don't know" wouldn't be an acceptable answer.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
If this was my kid, it would make my wonder what my son did that caused this? Sounds like the kid was out for revenge. Doesn't make it right. But we'd be having a long talk and "I don't know" wouldn't be an acceptable answer.
"Doesn't make it right" doesn't come close to what that kid did to his parents.

They have over 20 000 Dollars worth of damage. Not even a stolen girlfriend justifies any of that. That kind of debt can drive people into bankruptcy if they don't have the insurance covering for it. It was a highly criminal act. He could have killed somebody. What if somebody was in that carport? What if he hit Krystyne?

Come one. Even though you see that kind of stuff in the movies... YOU JUST DONT GET AWAY WITH IT! And I hope that kid is grounded for life, that his car-keys are being taken away and that he will lose his drivers license over it!

He's got some criminal energy and one wonders what else he's capable off.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
While I agree with part of that I do have to add, I have a teenaged son and I can say that nothing another person did would justify that. This isn't a small thing that happened. Thousands of dollars worth of property destroyed and a woman almost got run over. If I'm the parent of the kid that did that, I don't care what the other kid did that made my child think that was appropriate. I'm signing his butt up for some anger management classes and letting him do community service to pay for the damages at the minimum. He would have a crash course in 'tough love'.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Crowned Member

I specifically said it doesn't make it right, I'm well aware it's criminal.

My point was - she needs to use this opportunity to talk to her kid and find out what's going on that initiated this.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Crowned Member

Krystyne, Do you know why he did this? That is insane, and very scary.

My dog is the same way. Barks at the little old lady walking down the street, or the mom pushing the baby stroller. The sketchy people that walk by? Huh? What sketchy people?

Every spring I cover my porch with gorgeous potted plants. A few years back, it was spring, the windows were open, my dog was sleeping beneath the window....imagine my shock when I woke up the next morning and most of my plants were gone. That dog was sleeping on the job. Didn't hear a thing. GEEZ!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
I specifically said it doesn't make it right, I'm well aware it's criminal.

My point was - she needs to use this opportunity to talk to her kid and find out what's going on that initiated this.
And I understood and agree with that.

My point was - if the kid that did this was mine....I wouldn't care what the other kid did that made him 'think' it was appropriate. Those actions are definitely over the top.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

well, it turned out we knew the parents (small town)
The kid wasn't suppose to be driving past a certain street. We, including his father, think he was doing something illegal. Either he had drugs or a gun in the car and was afraid of going to jail.
They are taking him for a drug test this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page