I need to vent!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I need to vent!!

We decided to try and re-home Macy, the goldren retriever mix (we say half GR and half potato)
I keep posting on Craigslist and they keep flagging me. Even though there are ads there for free puppies, my re-homing dog but must approve home is unacceptable. Its crap!
I am not experienced at re-homing dogs!!! Where should I post? our pet stores don't allow it. I could do the newspaper but no cute photos and information...
We love her and want the very, very best for this dog; but I can see how a stupid, horrible person might get fed up and dump a dog because there aren't enough online places to post a local ad if you are in a hurry to place a pet.
Also, I tried contacting the GR rescue in our state and they said they only wanted a PB. I looked up some other rescues site and they say either "temporarily closed " or no working number, or they do not send me a reply.

wow...and this is just a few tries.
Macy should be glad I am a good person and plan to keep her until I place her in a safe home especially since it might not ever happen!!!
I might start drugging her, or me to relax! (breathing slowly now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 PM

you can try oodle.com theres lots of dog listings, even breeders, or "breeders"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Knighted Member

Can you post at your vet? Our vet has a bullentin board you can post flyers to. Tractor Supply also has a board you can post ads to at their store if you want to.

Jamie Lee~blk GSD~6/24/10
Lola~mastiff mix~2/10/08
Samson~minpin~1/29/06
Grover~terrier mix~1/28/11
Victor~GSD~(RIP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Crowned Member

On Craig's List, it really, really depends on the wording of the ad. A lot of the time, when people put "to an approved home" or "fee applies" they are breeders who don't want to put their outrageous rehoming fees on the site (because that will definitely get them flagged).

You have to keep it real simple - like male, x years old, UTD on shots, rehoming fee x amount of dollars. Have people contact you and then screen them to see if they would be a good home.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

...I just found this on Craigslist LOL

Without the fee in the ad it could be a sale.
< TheFixxer > 02/04 17:51:35

1)"small adoption fee" does NOT mean "sale price". Pet adoption/rehoming fees must be small, stated in actual $$, and justified by recent vetting expenses (spay/neuter, shots, worming, microchip, etc). You can't charge for market value, the price you paid for the pet, accessories, care/labor, food, or anything except the recent care performed to get the pet ready for adoption. Why? Because craigslist CEO Jim Buckmaster asks you to, here: {forumTitle} forums - craigslist

2)You should list your fee in the ad in actual dollars. Saying "rehoming fee applies" isn't enough. You may be flagged on suspicion of being a pet sale in disguise.

3)If you're rehoming a pet for free, make sure you include the word "Free" in both the title and the body of the ad. It's also a good idea to specify all measures you will take to ensure the pet goes to a good home.

4)If you're rehoming a puppy (and kittens soon), it must be at least 8 weeks old to be adopted.. Saying "will be 8 weeks on..." isn't enough. You may be flagged on suspicion of circumventing California, and other state's laws. California Sale of dogs under eight weeks of age

5)Pet adoption ads belong in the "community" section, under "pets". Advertising a pet adoption anywhere else is miscategorized.

6)Pet services ( pet sitter, groomers, etc.) ads belong in the "services" section under "pets". Advertising pet services anywhere else maybe miscategorized.

7)All pet animal parts, blood, or fluids - including but not limited to stud/breeding services are prohibited on craigslist. craigslist | about > prohibited items

8)Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish, are prohibited to be sold on craigslist. craigslist | about > prohibited items
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

apparently Abby, I was to wordy and not specific.

Good idea, the vet...who might wonder why I paid $800 one month and then rehome her LOL, but I will do that.
I hate this town. I hate that I know to many bad owners. I am worried sick about this, most likely I will wimp out.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Master Member

www.petfinder.com is a nationwide adoption service for groups, shelters, and individuals. It is fantastic wealth of information whether you looking to adopt a pet or to find a home for your pet. You can place an ad if you intend to keep Macy until you find the right new home for her, or if you decide you need to give her up to a rescue there is a listing of groups for you to contact. How you decide to proceed is up to you. Good luck, sorry that Macy has to find a new forever home...

-LeeAnn
There are two kinds of dogs: Dogs who are German Shepherds, and dogs who WISH they were German Shepherds....

Echo of Someday Vom Royale, CD, RA, CGC, TDI
Laughin' Tori Lori, CD, RN, CGC
Marcella's Miss Ruby Dee, RN, CGC, TDI
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

I must have missed it - why do you have to rehome your dog?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Knighted Member

I think it's because she is aggressive with her GSD or other household dog maybe? Could be wrong, but I think I read that. Have you tried to manage her aggression with your other dog, is it really aggression, and have you consulted a trainer first? I'm not sure you've exhausted every avenue to solve these issues and once you rehome them you can't take them back
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Knighted Member

Ignore me I just found your old thread to jog my memory. Macy may have some issues from being overheated...or may just be a single dog home kinda girl. You could try a trainer of course but if you can't keep everyone else safe put an add in your local paper, interview the people, do home checks, and get vet references
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page