Dogs brought raw meaty bone onto my carpet! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Dogs brought raw meaty bone onto my carpet!

They were in the kitchen with them and then I got a phone call and they made their way though the chairs that were blocking them into the kitchen. Of course they brought the bones with themselves.

Ugh. I steam-vac(ed) the entire carpet down here. I don't know what else to do to. Any ideas? Ewww x 100!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Knighted Member

Ugh. I cannot feed Mac raw meaty bones in the house for this very reason...its annoying especially when its freezing cold outside...I feel for ya
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Crowned Member

I've been told shaving cream will get blood out... but I've never tried that. If its a light color I've used hydrogen peroxide to get old, washed and dried blood stains out of fabric.

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Beschützer des Jägers v.d. Sportwaffen
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Crowned Member

Onyx vomited blood last year on my carpet. Someone here told me to use borax powder on it, then pour vinegar over that. It took it out, along with my steam cleaner. It was a huge puddle...ick. My carpet isn't wool, so test a spot first.
A RMB is nothing compared to that!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

There's no stains thankfully. I shampooed the carpet really well. I'm just hoping I got every bit of raw bone nastiness out of it. I even sprayed it with Lysol spray.

This isn't near the most disgusting thing Hannah has done to our carpet.

When I brought her home from the breeder, she had a terrible case of roundworms. I took her to the doctor because she kept throwing up clear, foamy stuff and had bloody poo. Anyway, found out it was roundworms, treated her for it, and later that evening she shat out roundworms in an explosive manner all over my dining room rug. Ultimate gross. I had to call over my neighbor to help me clean it up because I got sick from seeing it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 PM

Precisely why I feed Ezra in his crate. I proud to be a raw feeder but I can't stand the possibility of coming face to face with a hunk of raw flesh in the middle of my living room unexpectedly.

Dee
Caretaker of Ezra the Wonder Dog &
Maxx, Pooch Extraordinnaire
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Crowned Member

You should be able to blot out blood stains with Hydrogen Peroxide for most carpets. After you steam clean the carpet spray it with Scotch Guard.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

i give my dog femur bones all of the time. i really don't mind if he's on the carpet with it. i can also tell my dog to stay in an area where there's no carpet and he can enjoy his bone. lock your dogs in better or teach them to stay in a certain area. if you can't watch them take the bones away
untill you can.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 PM

Doggiedad...femur bones with meat, connective tissue, fat and skin or just the naked bone? Ezra takes his recreational bones all over the house but the meat & blood, I can't handle.

Dee
Caretaker of Ezra the Wonder Dog &
Maxx, Pooch Extraordinnaire
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Crowned Member

I'm a raw feeder too and Stark use to stay in his crate to eat, but I got tired of seeing the crate in my front room/kitchen.

I purchased a large mat and trained him to stay on the mat while eating. I stood there and every time he tried to move the meat/bone away from the mat or even got close to the corner/edge of the mat, I would "ah ah" and put it back in the middle. Took about three days of me monitoring meals/bone chewing and reminding him to stay put but now I can come home with a rec bone still on the mat (I've videotaped it to see). Might be worth your time.

I am OCD when it comes to having my house just so.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page