Ice storm coming - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Ice storm coming

We have lost Internet and are expected to lose power soon. Haha good trusty IPhone always keeps me connected. Last year we had an ice storm and lost power for 6 days. My GSD loved it, the Great Dane shivered the entire time. It's actually thundering and lightning with the snow.

The news said 5-9 inches on snow expected , which isn't much for some people but here people panic lol
As others rushed out for water and food , I ran to the store for more toys to play in the snow with my dogs!

My son likes us to tie the inner tube to the xuv hitch and drive around the neighborhood. LoL we try to make the best of the crazy weather. It's expected to be 3 degrees in a few hour but it was 74 degrees 2 days ago lol too funny!
Oh well dogs are sleeping, I am wide awake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Knighted Member

I'm an Okie transplant and that's typcial Oklahoma weather, if it's not snow it's ice, or hail, or tornados! My mother is still there and has been giving me weather reports. We are suppose to get some here in Dallas but not as much...though it will mess with all the superbowl parties the celebs are throwing this week.

Stay warm!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Hooray! Internet back on lol they said the lightning created a surge on our router.

@ GSDAlphamom, my mother lives 8 blocks from me, yet she still finds a need to call me with weather updates LOL I enjoy the bipolar weather we have here.
Although, I hate this blowing sleet...it's more like chunks of ice that painfully hit your face like a snap from a rubber band.
The dogs are not enjoying it either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 01:52 AM

I'm in the Oklahoma City metro and it's sleeting like crazy. The dogs are camped out in their crates for the night.

We had thundersleet and lightning earlier, and the dogs were completely unphased. Silly girls thought it was fun! The snow is supposed to start up while we sleep. I'll be interested to see how they react to their first snow!

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Crowned Member

Sitting in MO awaiting the Snowpocalypse.....
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 02:05 AM

It is indeed the snowpocalypse! Tomorrow should be interesting. Nothing like being trapped in the house in a snowstorm with 2 young GSDs and 2 antique Italian Greyhounds.

We have a generator and a fireplace, so hopefully we have it covered in case the power goes out. In hindsight I should've bought WAY more pee pads for the IGs!

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 02:14 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Larien
Awww that reminds me of when we had a power outage years ago during a very cold winter, and I put a T-Shirt on my Great Dane because he was so cold! But he hated it and just stood there with his head hanging, lol!

So today I went to the grocery store to stock up, but I didn't make it to the pet store - I have one huge bag of Wellness so I hope it lasts! And I hope my chew toy supply holds, too! Lord knows that's one stockpile I can never go without!

Horses are all taken care of at their stable, so I've just gotta hold it down here at the fort... And make sure I put sweaters on my mom's Chihuahua!

By the way, I'm near Cleveland, OH and we're expecting a mega-storm and 12-18 inches of snow!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Banned

Here I am in N. CA waiting for our 60 sunny weather tomorrow and everyone to complain how cold it is this year!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Banned

I am wondering. How do you survive in temperatures like that without power? Does the heat still work?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Crowned Member

Bring it on Snowstorm!

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page