Yay!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Yay!!

Dharma starts her first obedience class tonight!! Now I know that she should have been in classes long before now but last year money was REALLY tight and even when my best friend offered to pay for it I couldn't find one to fit the schedule I was on at the time and then I was unemployed for several months. And with the new job and my schedule it has been almost impossible to work out a way that I would be able to take her. So for the next six weeks I am off every thursday and I managed to find a place with a basic class every thursday!! Yay!! I am so excited! I would eventually like to get my girl in an agility class but I know that will be REALLY hard with my schedule but I can hope!

Debbi-
Mom to:
-Dharma Van Fluffy Pants GSD
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! speaking of OB class thank you for reminding me. I have to sign Dodger up for the next level of OB.

~Steph~

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Class went GREAT!!! There were only 2 other dogs in the class (there will be 2 others next week, though) and Dharma was the only GSD and by far the smartest. The other 2 were pulling at there leashes between exercises and wanted to play, Dharma lay by my side and acted like the perfect lady. She also caught on so quickly. Of course I have been working with her and doing training for the past year and a half but still, I was so proud.

She already knew how to sit on command but I had never used a hand signal by the end of the class she was sitting with just the hand signal. She caught on to the focus exercise immediately. The other dogs couldn't seem to grasp the idea but my baby had it down pat on the first try. We only practiced it about 6 times and then I decided to go back to working on the sit hand signal. I figured we could practice the focus exercise more at home during our training time- I didn't want her getting bored.

The only thing she really needs to work on is the no teeth exercise. She was hit or miss with that. But I will continue to work with her on that this week. Over all she was a star pupil. I had already planned to do the intermediate class with her if my schedule still allows (and I am going to try really hard to work it out that way). But now I am thinking that we can do advanced and even go for her CGC!

Debbi-
Mom to:
-Dharma Van Fluffy Pants GSD
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:04 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

I just love to hear about dog classes! Make sure to keep us updated and I want to see pictures of you both in class! So much fun to see different facilities and class structures.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page