German Shepherds Forum banner

Hmmm, looks like Chance picked my son over me!

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  EMarie59 
#1 ·
What is UP with this??!! My son Matt likes animals, don't get me wrong, but he is the type who can live without them just fine.
Chance went gaga over him. Follows him everywhere and then picked up one of the toys I had bought and basically threw it at Matt so he'd play.
They just got done playing here as you can see Chance's tongue is hanging out.
As for wanting to stay outside in the snow, that didn't last long. Chance does his business and then comes right back in. However, the little stink pot learned REALLY quick where I keep his treats on the counter and runs straight for them when he comes back in and does a dance until I grab him one.
Hey, that is why I bought them, to reward him. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh I must have missed a post some where. I take it Chance is his new name? He looks very happy in the picture.

#4 · (Edited)
Just look at his tail wagging--it's a blur! Sometimes dogs only like one member of the family and barely tolerate the others, and it can be hard to manage them. Sounds like Chance, however, is going to be a pleasure to have around other people. Somehow, in spite of his past, he is such a loving dog! You two were surely fortunate to find each other. He's lovely to look at now--can't wait to see him after a bath and a session with a brush and a comb.

#6 ·
I think Chance has so much love to give he is going to shower all of his new family with it. He has probably been waiting a long time for someone to love and for someone to love him back! And I am so glad it was you he picked! Like others, I can't wait to see post grooming pics and look forward to many more pictures of him and your family. Whatever you do, don't leave this board so we can no longer follow Chance and you! I think we have all become very attached to him and your extremely kind heart in the last few days. At least I know I have!!

#8 ·
Awwwwww! BIG hug going out to you Debbi!!! :hug:

Thanks, you're so sweet.

#11 ·
I am here to stay all! Are you kidding?! There is another adopted GSD in our future! :D

Plus, I know how everyone have differing opinions on how to train, raise, etc a dog. Once I truly get to know his personality, it will be great to get others advice/opinions, experiences to try out on him when needed.
Well, need help now as well to confirm if I am handling things correctly or not.
I love opinions/advice. I do not like when people act like it is either THEIR way or the highway attitudes.
For example, I received an email from a wonderful woman who has adopted and fostered many GSD's. She threw out a caution flag to me about being careful not to baby him too much as his background could turn him into a GS who attacks anyone who comes near us.
So, from that wise counsel, I am still going to be loving the heck out of him, but this boy is going into obedience training ASAP for not only that, but socialization as well.
Why wait to see? My opinion is to not take a chance and get him socialized and in environments where he is used to people around us and him.

#12 ·
It gets in your blood. Once you rescue one, you can't stop.
Our dream for our lottery winnings is to buy a couple hundred acres and start a GSD rescue.

Now if we could just hit those numbers.:)

#13 ·
I missed his name change to! I love his new name! He sounds like he is fitting in just perfectly :wub:

Slightly OT, but my old girl was a GSD/Corgi X! I met her littermate and she had a Corgi body with a shepherd head!

#17 ·
I can relate to the kid...

The first Border collie mix my parrents got, adopted me as her person. She listend to my dad some, my mom never, and adored me and listened to me perfectly. :laugh:

I can also relate from the other side of things. I have a blue heeler who is madly in love with my uncle who comes over on weekends. She squeeks and squeels and then takes of at a dead run to see her person, when he pulls into the drive. :rolleyes:

#18 ·
I can relate to the kid...

The first Border collie mix my parrents got, adopted me as her person. She listend to my dad some, my mom never, and adored me and listened to me perfectly. :laugh:

I can also relate from the other side of things. I have a blue heeler who is madly in love with my uncle who comes over on weekends. She squeeks and squeels and then takes of at a dead run to see her person, when he pulls into the drive. :rolleyes:
What makes me extremely happy with how Chance has taken to my son is because he was taken from an owner who beat him and another shepherd that was there. The other shepherd doesn't trust males now. Chance on the other hand, is gaga over my son.
I was wondering how he was going to be especially after we left the hotel room yesterday and he lunged at some poor young man. (under General topics with Surprising event that happened when Sonny and I left
I renamed him as of yesterday late afternoon. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.