Help on finding a Breeder - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Help on finding a Breeder

Hello! I have been doing lots of research on GSDs for the past couple months but the topic of GSDs is so controversial! American lines, german lines, show lines, working lines, over-sized, old fashion...ugh! I believe i have finally figured out what type of GSD i want, that was the hardest part. But now i have stumbled upon an even bigger and harder problem. Finding a good reputable breeder to give me what i want. Ive been searching for breeders in Southern California but really dont know where to go or what type of dogs each breeders offer. So i hope i can get some help and insight here.

I read a post from a user and what she was looking for and im looking for pretty much the same thing. I quote:

"I love the shepherds that are NOT the show breed standard. I dislike the weirdly sloped back and angled back legs, and the thin, almost collie-ish face. I like the working line shepherds better."

I believe i want a German Working line GSD. I want a male purebreed GSD with a saddle-back, rich black and red color with a big boned strong build and a broad muzzle. Im NOT looking for the over-sized german shepherd but i do want him to be on the large side. Of course health and intelligence is at the top of the list, thats a given.

Im going to be very active with the dog. Go on jogs with him, take him to the park, train with him daily. I want him to be very bright, obedient and protective. He is mainly going to be a family dog and a companion. I have a little brother at the age of 7 so i want the dog to have a good moderat temperment. Not laid back but at the same time not too aggressive.

Heres a picture of basically what i want the dog to look like:

Max - German Shepherd Rescue of Los Angeles

Beautiful rich black and red color, nice straight back, big boned and muscular, broad muzzle, and SO handsome!!! He may be a little on the small side though, judging from the picture, i dont know. I want him to be on the large side.

Please give me some information on reputable breeders and your opinions on what im looking for. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for posting this here! I didn't know a "Chooisng a Breeder" section existed. I made the same thread in that section. If you are going to reply to this thread please do it here:

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...g-breeder.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page