Shasta has just been weird today - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Shasta has just been weird today

so i guess Shasta has it in her head that we're packing the car for our trip but leaving her behind. No idea where she may have gotten that idea but she has been all over me from the first moment she was let out of her crate this morning. This is now the second time that she has come up on the couch and fallen asleep halfway on my lap in the last hour. I keep trying to tell her that she isnt being left behind but i guess the dog food loaded in the car with some bones just isnt enough. That or she's just in a cuddly need mom kinda mood. Anyone else have days where their dog(s) are just oober needy and wont leave you alone until they get in some cuddle time?

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Skype™ to paulag1955
She knows *something* is going on and she's not sure what...she just wants some reassurance!

Paula
Shasta - GSD (4/30/10)
Thor - GSD (3/12/12)
RIP Duchess - Shetland Sheepdog (12/25/88 - 2/14/04)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Knighted Member

She love you and you are her security blanket "mama please don't leave me I promise I will be good I promise"

RIP Velcro 9years old (September 22, 2011)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Can't wait to meet you again!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss Molly May - born November 15th 2009
Mr. Max -born April11 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

lol she's been in the car twice today for rides and i think she's also hiding from my hubby because he's been kinda bratty towards everyone today. who knows. we've had the kids bags packed for about two weeks now. I guess its just a matter of figuring out all out. She'll know soon enough whats going on! one heck of a loooooooong car ride.....

"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
lol she's been in the car twice today for rides and i think she's also hiding from my hubby because he's been kinda bratty towards everyone today. who knows. we've had the kids bags packed for about two weeks now. I guess its just a matter of figuring out all out. She'll know soon enough whats going on! one heck of a loooooooong car ride.....
where are you all going? just nosey...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac's Mom View Post
where are you all going? just nosey...

we're headed home for a friends wedding. I'm excited she's getting married and i'm excited to be home for a little bit but i'm not excited about the packing and loading the car to get there with 3 dogs and 2 toddlers. I'm not excited about our cats being left at home with only a visit from a friend once a day, though he's probably staying here on weekends. I'm busy trying to get everything done before we go and trying to convince the hubby to come back sooner than planned. Dun wanna be round the inlaws longer than necessary.... Also way excited to see my Zena dog. i miss that big old brat dog!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Larien
When I was a kid, we had a rough collie, and yes, his name was Lassie (I was NINE). Every single time we went on vacation, there was an incident. If he even so much as HEARD my father bringing the suitcase upstairs from the basement, he went nuts - yelping, whining, barking, pacing, etc. So we had to get crafty, we'd take him out back in the yard, and my dad would sneak the suitcases upstairs (he didn't go upstairs) and we'd pack, and then take him outside again and sneak them out to the car. If he caught sight of them, look out - total panic. We felt so bad for him, he really didn't want us leaving him!

Shasta is lucky she gets to go along, I hope she realizes it soon! Whenever I get dressed (usually putting shoes or jeans on, then they KNOW I'm leaving) my dogs are all over me, trying to keep me from getting ready so I can't leave.

Anyway have fun on your road trip, lol... and good luck? Haha.. Cats will be fine, they're easy, I wouldn't worry about 'em.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larien View Post
When I was a kid, we had a rough collie, and yes, his name was Lassie (I was NINE). Every single time we went on vacation, there was an incident. If he even so much as HEARD my father bringing the suitcase upstairs from the basement, he went nuts - yelping, whining, barking, pacing, etc. So we had to get crafty, we'd take him out back in the yard, and my dad would sneak the suitcases upstairs (he didn't go upstairs) and we'd pack, and then take him outside again and sneak them out to the car. If he caught sight of them, look out - total panic. We felt so bad for him, he really didn't want us leaving him!

Shasta is lucky she gets to go along, I hope she realizes it soon! Whenever I get dressed (usually putting shoes or jeans on, then they KNOW I'm leaving) my dogs are all over me, trying to keep me from getting ready so I can't leave.

Anyway have fun on your road trip, lol... and good luck? Haha.. Cats will be fine, they're easy, I wouldn't worry about 'em.
Shasta will hopefully be bored soon enough with following me around trying to wear my clothes with me still in them lol. The cats i'm concerned about because Faith HATES the friend who will be checking on the house and here weekends. She just doesnt like him. Never has. She growls and hisses and gets downright nasty towards him. No idea why. But she also does that with my inlaws, even when we were living with them so i guess she's just being a cat in being picky on who she likes and doesnt. I've had cats all my life but never have i had one that was just so nasty tempered towards someone and she's a sweet cat! titan is generally pretty good with everyone once he knows them. But i'm also concerned because housing has been doing inspections and though they do NOT have permission to enter without someone being present it doesnt stop them.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Larien
Yeah cats are weird like that, they're not like dogs, who like people who like dogs, and don't like people who don't - cats hate indiscriminately, lol. I had my dad's two nasty cats one summer - I'm the world's biggest animal lover, never met one I didn't like, but the one cat was SO mean, always hissing and trying to scratch ME, but not my mom! So weird, but that's cats...

That is a concern though about people possibly coming in, I get so paranoid if I have any kind of people or workers over because I worry that they'll leave a door open or let a cat out not knowing they're indoor only, so I lock them all in the basement if people are here! Maybe you could put a sign on the door that warns about the cats or something if they do insist on going in anyway?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page