Guess who's here RIGHT NOW!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Guess who's here RIGHT NOW!!

Did you guess the neighbor who shot Stosh?? You're right! He's a plumber and he told my husband that if we ever needed plumbing work done on our house to call him. The clothes and dish washer have been backing up so my husband called him and here he is snaking out our drains!!

When he got here, Stosh was barking and bouncing around so he asked how Stosh was and I let him out so he could see him. Stosh was friendly, sniffed him all over, wagged his tail so he obviously didn't know him. I showed him where the bullet exited and told him about the nerve damage and all the treatment we have to do. He mostly wanted to know if Stosh could still see. He said "I was just trying to scare him off and wouldn't you know with my luck I hit him". I let that go by. He petted Stosh, said how beautiful he is and that he's been worried sick about him. The guy hasn't looked me in the eye- he told my husband he just can't. At least he's keeping his word and if he cleans out all our weird complicated plumbing I'll be happy. It was really strange to see him petting Stosh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

GOOD FOR YOU! Love that he's now met Stosh so will be a better neighbor!

Nice of him to offer for all the plumbing work too....

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Master Member

Being able to forgive and be the better person says volumes about you and your husband! Glad your neighbor is trying to make amends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM

You are a far better person than I could be. I don't know that I could do that. Glad to see he got to see/hear about the damage he cause though. Prolly feels itty bitty right now.

Owned by:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zeb - GSD (2/14/2008)
Bowie - Turkish Van Cat(09/27/2009)
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Crowned Member

My guess is that you guys are doing more to keep him from ever making that stupid mistake again then any Judge could ever do.
Sometimes justice comes in many forms.

Good for you.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Larien
Wow, you guys are awesome, because I definitely would not have the same forgiving nature as you and Stosh! Goes to show you guys are great people (and dog!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:14 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Wow, that is weird and wonderful all at the same time! I'm glad you let that comment pass - if he was just trying to scare him off, he would have been shooting into the air, not AT Stosh!

He really, truly sounds sorry for his lack of judgement . . . I am impressed too with your inner strength and willingness to forgive and not hold a grudge - you humble us all!

(And I'd milk the free plumbing offer for all I could! )

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I don't think I forgive him but he's trying to make it up in some way. He offered to pay the vet bills the first time my husband talked to him, but my husband said he didn't want a dime of his money. He thought it was too easy a way for the guy to feel better and he wanted him to feel really bad. So we're not THAT nice. But we didn't want the incident to escalate and have the guy retaliate in some way, like killing Stosh. So in the end Stosh is going to be ok, the guy feels like a big jerk, got a chance to redeem himself and learned a lesson--he says he'll never shoot anything again.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Crowned Member

That is very impressive on your part.

I agree that the way you're handling it is probably doing more "good" on him feeling like his needs to seek redemption for his actions than being horrible and nasty to him. It sounds like he knows how horrible his actions are.

I think the comment was his way of letting you know that he realizes how foolish he was. I don't think there is a point in nitpicking it. Shooting at anything other than a near verticle angle could have resulted in a 2 year old kid 400 yards down the road getting hit by a bullet, so it's really one of those things that you can't dwell on what his true intentions were when shooting into the woods by his comment.

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Larien
Well that's still better than me, I'd have ended up in jail for going after him if he did that to Rem, I think! But I think it's really good that you didn't let him off the hook and instead are making him realize the magnitude of his actions - he SHOULD feel bad and learn to act with more caution and restraint in the future, and he should be seeing what his actions have done, and how personable the dog really is. That's actually the best part, that Stosh is so friendly to him - he can see how great the dog is, and that'll make him feel even worse about it.

And getting down and doing work is a better way to repay someone than just handing some cash out of your pocket, he can think about it all while he's doing it! I hope he is more careful with his gun in the future so that no innocent people or children are ever harmed!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page