Rant over my neighbors dogs - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Rant over my neighbors dogs

I was going to post this in another thread but realised it turned into a bit of a rant so i made a new post

My neighbor has 3 dogs (The legal limit is 2 in our estate but i don't care about that) A red Heeler, a ****-zu and some made up designer dog and all of the dogs are aggressive.

When i first bought Diego home he has the hide to say to me that German Shepherd Dogs are aggressive and do we really need more aggressive dogs in our area. I nearly choked.

Both my dogs are very well socialized and are not people or dog agressive, every time I take them out i have to check the other dogs are away from the area. i resorted to carrying a stick with me when i walk incase they approach me.

All his dogs are let out and left to roam the neighbor hood, they constantly come across my yard and the two smaller ones have attacked my mother in law on several different occasions. The Blue Heeler has attempted to go at me, I chased it off my yard and after a few callous words were thrown back and forth told him if it came onto my property again i would shoot it.

Since that day they have attacked the mail man and an elderly woman across the street that was getting into her car, i cant let my kids out the front to play when there out and I'm about ready to explode.

I have spoken to him, even offered to train his dogs for him so we have a safer neighbor hood he just doesn't seem to care "they never show aggression when he I am around" was his response

The RSPCA have been told and so have the council and none of them seem to care, I will be going down to council chambers today, I'm also considering grabbing one of the dogs next time there on my property and taking him to the RSPCA.

I know they may not be lethal attacks but an attack is an attack they bite, they hurt and they draw blood.

Anyway..... the rant is over lol

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Crowned Member

That really sucks that the guy does not curtail his dog and has the gall to say what he did you you about needing more aggressive dogs.

I would have been tempted to tell him that I was raising my dog up to take care of the problem of aggressive dogs in the neighborhood. (Knowing that that would have really been a bad thing to do.)

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

The thought had crossed my mind, and yeah it would have only made things worse lol.

It just feel like I am talking to a brick wall and I seem to be the only one speaking up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Crowned Member

Are there dangerous dog laws in Australia? How about suing the neighbor for injury, medical bills? What about having to prove UTD vaccinations if a bite occurs? Can you fence in your yard?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Crowned Member

Can you shoot the dogs if they are on your property?

Elaine and the herd
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

I went down to the RSPCA and asked them why nothing had been done about my previous reports of the dogs and they said that an inspector had been sent to the location and the dogs were contained in the yard and there was nothing he could do. He has to witness them doing what I accused them of.

I thought this was the case so I am going to get video proof of the dogs and continue to hound the RSPCA, they said they would send another inspector around and hopefully catch them roaming the street.

There are dangerous dog laws and hopefully the inspector comes and does something this time. I don't think the woman took me seriously at first. She said that I was the only one who had made a complaint regarding the dogs.

I wouldn't actually shoot it I just got over heated and threatened it, I dont think your allowed to shoot someones dog in NSW, plus i live in a residential area so Im guessing no.

What makes it worse is he is so smug about it. It just irks me. Someone is going to get more than just a nip soon and I am just worried its going to take a severe attack for someone to do something about these dogs.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Crowned Member

I would have calmly asked his name and wrote it down. Then I would have told him that he will be listed individually on the lawsuit that will be filed when the dogs attack me or my family again.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 AM

I'm in Melbourne, I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. Things got so bad with my neighbors dogs roaming, coming into our front yard, snarling at me and having goes at our little dogs threw the fence line, I called the local pound to come get them one day. They told me unless I could restrain these vicious dogs, they couldn't help me!
WTF I couldn't leave my front door to take my young son to school because those dogs were in my yard threatening to bite. Thank goodness enough other neighbors complained, now there is only one dog (not sure what happened to the other) and he is never left roaming.
Can you film the dogs on your property?, use your phone if you have to, then take your evidence to the council. I have 4 dogs and had to get special permission (the law is 2 only here as well) if my dogs were being a nuisance my permit would be revoked I would be fined and I would risk losing them.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

I secured my first piece of footage today, a worker came to a new house down the street and the dogs took off after him, also got some of the little unknown thing charging at me as I got into my car and roaming around my front lawn.

Hopefully this ends sooner rather than later.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Grow a pair!

Carry OC Spray (Pepper Spray or Mace) and hose the dog next time it come near.

Why would you put up with this?

Dog training in the NYC area!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page