Does Your GSD Have a Best Friend That Doesn't Live At Your Home? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Does Your GSD Have a Best Friend That Doesn't Live At Your Home?

Wolfie has a best friend. There's a 3 yr old Mastiff/GSD mix that lives on our street. From the moment Wolfie first saw Moose at 3 months old, he has been crazy about him. He knows when Moose is walking by the house he goes crazy barking and tries to get out as fast as he can to see him. Moose is huge and such a gentleman. He puts up with all of Wolfie's craziness and excitement without a fuss. We have been at our beach house for a while, and just came home for a few days to pay bills, etc. Wolfie hasn't seen Moose all summer, and saw him this morning. He went nuts. It was like he wanted to crawl into Moose's skin! Moose was wagging his tail and they were kissing each other it was so cute! I didn't know that dogs could have such an attachment to another dog that they don't live with. Does your dog have a best friend like this?

Mom to
Chases Wolfgang Heinrich Von Ryan aka Wolfie born 12/20/09
Waiting for us at the bridge is Chases Chieftain aka Chiefy Left this earth and left a hole in our hearts July 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Crowned Member

Sinister's best friend is a GSD named Cujo that is 6 months older than him and his other best friend is my mom's dog Kota that is a 11 year old GSD/Husky mix. His "at home" best friend is "his" 5 month old Ragdoll kitten named Isolde.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Master Member

Kanes besties are my parents two pugs, Pugsly and Pearl. Its so funny watching them as a pack running through my parents woods (they have 10 acres) chasing after squirrels. And out of the three, its the little female Pearl that leads them. Isn't that always the case though....females leading the males?

~ Jess ~

"Kane" 2-12-09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.”
Cesar Milan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:56 PM
DnP
Elite Member

Phoenix's BFF is my brother's coonhound/great dane mix Shaggy. You even SAY Shaggy's name in Phoenix's presence and he goes nuts looking for his BFF. Unfortunately, we live over 300miles away...so visits are a big deal.

Diana

Bentley - the light that brought me out of the darkness

RIP Phoenix, Brightstar Rescue, 2006 - 5/6/2017
RIP Dakota 1/5/93 - 10/23/2006
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Knighted Member

I would have to say Dharma's BFF is a rhodesian ridgeback mix named Maggie that comes to the dog park. Dharma gets sooo excited when she sees Maggie there and the same for Maggie. They will then play, chase and wrestle each other the entire time we are there, to the exclusion of other dogs. They will play until they are both completely worn out and then getup and play some more. I have also seen them lick each other's face in calmer moments. It is soooo cute!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Elite Member

Max has a girlfriend , shes an Afghan hound, they met in OB training about 4 years ago, they see each other a couple times a week,

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Crowned Member

Uschi's bff is a male gsd her age named Moose. It was love at first sight! He lives about an hour and a half away so they see each other pretty often- in fact, Moose's parents kept her when we were away last weekend. They would LOVE to keep her and keep asking if they can. She loves to play and they can't wear Moose out- but she can! They swim together, wrestle, chase, then she sleeps with her head on his stomach. So cute, maybe they should live together all the time!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken k View Post
Max has a girlfriend , shes an Afghan hound, they met in OB training about 4 years ago, they see each other a couple times a week
She's very pretty! Bianca fell in love with an Afghan Hound at a dog playgroup we went to. She kept hanging out by the dog, enticing him to play, etc... It was really cute. I'm trying to arrange a playdate for them.

Bianca's best friend is Calvin. When she first met him he was about 4-5 monts old and she was still pretty leash reactive and kept barking at him, but he ignored it and kept play-bowing and doing whatever he could to get her to play. Finally she gave in, and they've been best buds ever since. He's grown since then, he's a year old now and almost as tall as Bianca.

Bianca and Calvin Playing:

More roughhousing:

When Calvin was younger:

At the dog beach (more recent):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Shadow's best friend is Tux my sisters lab and Kujo my niece's german shepherd. Tux is 1 month younger than her, and Kujo is 2 months older. When they are all together all training goes out the window. You just mention the name of one of the other dogs in either ones presence and they go into spazz mode.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 PM

My foster dog Oreo, (Lab/Heeler) has a best freind at our shelter. He is a lab/chow mix named Lucas who belongs to one of the other workers. They are sad when the other one doesnt go to work!. When Oreo got spayed Lucas kept looking at Frank(his owner) asking him what was wrong with her because she wouldnt play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page