Went to the vet today.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Went to the vet today..

For Harley, my moms dog. He has an ongoing yeast infection and thyroid problems. You may or may not remember my post about how my favorite vet. got fired from that location. And remember be backing that he never overcharged us because we never got charged for re-exams. (hint: RE exam. Don't get charged anyways, duh Kaity!!)

Well today one of the new vets there, Cindy, did a quick look at Harley, asked us what he was on and for what and used that information to give us medication for him again.

She recommended to take him off of the 'house' pills because they were for acid problems in his stomach because the other pills could have been too 'harsh' (other vets words..) This was not the case. He had Harley on these meds he didn't need. He was also on these giant orange pills for TOO long. And the thyroid pills for, not long enough.
So we got the orange pills again, only for a week. Then the thyroid pills.. enough for a month then we can go in and see where his levels are at. Today we didn't see where his levels were at because it didn't seem signifigant to re-check while he wasn't on meds. We already knew it wasn't going to be normal.
Also requested more ear cleaner. New vet directed once every 4 days instead of every DAY, which was probably preventing the ear to heal all in all (my suspicion [sp])

So I can't help but wonder if he had Sheeba (our dog that had anemia and had to be put down) on things that she did not need that COULD have made it worse. I like to believe that people aren't like this. There was a customer at the vets today telling me that the groomers had groomed TOO much off his .. area and that they actually 'groomed' off part of his scrotum. He didn't find out until he got home.

If people are so .. passionate about animals. Why do they scam or lie to make money off of them? How does a vet DIRECTLY benefit (other than being the owner) of overcharging and overmedicating a pet?

Now that I figured out he had done this.. I really don't like his friend that works there. I never liked him to begin with because he is very pushy.
Vida's doctor is very.. sophisticated and experienced in the field. She is very professional and examines options with me about her and lets me know her concerns and asks if I want to take action. Harleys new doctor seems young and very new to the business but none the less, very kind, willing to learn and listen and she seems to know what she is doing.
The poor girl was the only vet there that day, on about 80 works for the week. Then the receptionist was trying to fill med orders and manage the customers.. and the on-going phone line! We were there for about an hour before Harley got in the room then some more time before he got checked out. Then some more time just to pay but really, how can you act impatient when you know how short staffed the place in at the moment? In the room next to us, some guys had to put down their 18 year old dog. I heard them talking about it and started getting emotional myself because we too, had to put our dog down there. It's very weird walking into the vet even still almost a year later..

I am still dumbfounded about being over-charged. We spent OVER 7,000$ there last year, EASILY. And I bet it could have been cut by atleast 2 grand..

Kaity, owned by

Vida - 6 years GSD
Hype - 3 years GSD
Cinq - 1 year bengal
Sunshine - 7 years tabby

Not forgotten, Nasa, bengal, 16 weeks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Crowned Member

Well that just stinks. I too wonder how people who say they love animals can do stuff like that. Someone I knew brought her Aussie in to be groomed and asked for just a bathing, came back and the dog's leg feathering was gone... People always want more money.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page