Poop and garbage - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Poop and garbage

Now that the snow is melting, it's harder to grab poop without grabbing the snow too. I use plastic grocery bags to collect poop along with the wet snow and dump the big trash bags. Boy do they get heavy!! and the bottom of the big garbage bag is leaking because of all that wet stuff!!...

Garbage night doesn't show up until wednesday so it's sitting outside for now.

What do you guys do to dispose poop that get collected with wet snow?.... It sure is a pain! lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 PM

I try to get as little snow as possible, it goes in a plastic grocery bag, then in the outside trash can till pick up day. Gets smelly but I can't really think of a better way to deal with it.

-Nicole
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loki Von Hena-C, Sable GSD DOB 8/8/09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~*Maya Von Hena-C, Red Sable DOB 3/02, living with my ex*~

~*RIP Hunter Von Hena-C, Black Sable GSD, 10 yrs*~
~*RIP Harley, my 1st GSD, 7 yrs*~
My breeder -
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 PM

I use the glad force-flex garbage bags and not to sound like a commercial....but they really work lol. I use a scooper and have a bucket that is lined with the force flex, once the bucket is full into the big garbage can it goes(I usually wait to toss it in til garbage day).....or you could just be really lazy like me and wait for all the snow to melt, then I will go scoop.
That day will probably be tomorrow... wish me luck!

Dianna
Argo vom Wildhaus SchH 3, AWD 1, P1, RN, TT, CGC, HOT
Eris vom Wildhaus SchH 3,IPO3 P1, OAJ, OA, NF, RN, TT, CGC, HOT
Isis vom Wildhaus KAB (kick-ass bitch)OB1, TR1, BH, CGC
Nova vom Wildhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Crowned Member

Just posted this on the other poop thread!
Maybe worth checking into How to Get Rid of Dog Poop

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18

Last edited by onyx'girl; 03-10-2010 at 10:40 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiebear View Post
Now that the snow is melting, it's harder to grab poop without grabbing the snow too. I use plastic grocery bags to collect poop along with the wet snow and dump the big trash bags. Boy do they get heavy!! and the bottom of the big garbage bag is leaking because of all that wet stuff!!...

Garbage night doesn't show up until wednesday so it's sitting outside for now.

What do you guys do to dispose poop that get collected with wet snow?.... It sure is a pain! lol.
We had a ton of snow get dumped on us....three hits with 6+ inches in a matter of weeks, with very little melting inbetween each hit. So, pickup wasn't happening.

We're paying for it now. I spent forever this week doing several rounds of poop pickup to catch back up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page